Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Full screen

Post by Schamperl
A full screen option would be great on the iPhone client. I don't know if it's possible on other clients already but an option to use the full screen on any device would be perfect!
Schamperl
Localizers
Localizers

POSTER_ID:10363533

Send a message
Last edited by Schamperl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by OldGnome
Schamperl wrote:I have the iPhone 4s and Waze 3.5.1.0. So why isn't it working on my device? Is it just 'cause you are using iPhone 5?
I have an iPhone 4S and Waze 3.5.1.0. Full screen is the only mode it uses.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
I can't find an app on my iPhone 4S that does not display that information. It is likely iOS peeking through and not a matter of an app allowing or disallowing the information.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Most games take over the full screen.
Aah...the one thing I don't do with my iPhone.

:)
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by Schamperl
It never uses full screen on my iPhone with IOS 6.0.1. Does it work on your device? Which one do you have?
Schamperl
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message

Post by Schamperl
I have the iPhone 4s and Waze 3.5.1.0. So why isn't it working on my device? Is it just 'cause you are using iPhone 5?
Schamperl
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message

Post by Schamperl
If i'm using the Waze app i still see the time, battery status, network mode, carrier, etc... You can see it in my linked picture. So, this is not full screen to me....
Schamperl
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Schamperl
Ok. I don't consider this as full screen, cause when i'm in navigation mode, i don't need these informations. So it would be nice to turn the status bar off....
Schamperl
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message

Post by Schamperl
I see.... But why is it necessary to show the status bar? imo it has nothing to do with the app itself. So why don't show some more Waze related info instead of this IOS stuff? Probably the only usable thing is you can see on long drives if some new emails or text messages were coming in if you have your phone in silent mode....
Btw do you know which person i have to ask if this feature is possible in the future?
Schamperl
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Last edited by Schamperl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Schamperl
I don't need my battery status when i'm using in my car 'cause my phone is recharging when i drive... Using Waze only on battery is insane 'caus it sucks a lot of battery....
And it can't be that difficult to implement an option for this 'cause some other apps have this opportunity. So you could select your preferable option....
Schamperl
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Last edited by Schamperl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.