Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby mjepson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I would love to have navigation for the motorcycle, based on how "nice" the roads are. I know there are maps for Garmin that have scored the roads on their view or on their curves (we love good curves). You can use these when just riding for fun and it calculates a route from A to B using nice roads, rather than the fastest ones.
I know this would be a lot of work to implement and to have wazers score the roads based on these criteria, but a man can dream!
mjepson

Postby leocylau » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 pm

1 - Truck (1st priority):
WME to provide choices of road type: Weak bridge/narrow road/low bridge...
2 - Bus (2nd priority):
WME to proivde choices of road type: Bus lane/no car lane...
3 - Train (no necessary)
4 - Bicycle/walk (NO):
The recent map is already complicated. We can have it in the future but it's better to have an other bicycle map using other WME.
Vehicle types will give us some benefit but just wonder it will cause routing problem as Toll road does :?
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Sigmun » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am

Motorcycle mode : different traffic and time computation (all roads doesn't take the same time by car and by motorbike). In France, usable roads are the same for motorcycle and car.
Sigmun

Postby rendy1287 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Motorcycle mode: Only motorcycle can ride here with very small street, sometimes bicycle can ride here too
Bus mode: Only public bus can drive here (especially public bus with bus lane, ex: Busway)
Walking mode: Only pedestrian can walk here, the street is rising likes stairs, etc
rendy1287
Localizers
Localizers

Postby aigarslv » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm

For Latvia we would only need truck navigation - because we very often have accidents involving truck drivers from other countries, who try to pass under bridges with trucks that are taller than allowed. So it would be perfect to be able to add allowed car/truck height value to a segment (so truck can be routed around that segment before it is too late). Also many roads are restricted for trucks.
aigarslv
Experts
Experts

Postby txemt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 am

I'd like to see a wambulance. Given that there are quite a few medics that edit and waze to get to an emergency call, I'd like to see that option.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 am

ChrisSeiler wrote:I also would love to have a [...] train mode as well ...

Waze would have to display the Rails again :|
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby siilhhhi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:45 am

There was many funny ideas starting from tuk-tuk bikes and ending with spaceship, I liked them a much. :D Anyway I suggest keep Waze map simple and clear! If there is power for software development - we have lot of good ideas in Waze forum.

IRL case: Accident on freeway, traffic jam and what did truck drivers? They tried to use smaller alternative roads, but as they cannot drive on ice and snow, they blocked roads and collapsed all rerouting system for normal cars. Trucks just cannot drive on snow and ice if they do not have winter tires (M+S)! Of course situation in countries is different, but s-t happens. Truck routing is not easy!

Please remind also that 99% of new trucks have their own navigation systems from factory!
siilhhhi

Postby speedyranger » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:29 pm

i like to see the truck mode :mrgreen:
speedyranger

Postby bedo2991 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 pm

Italy
I support Truck mode (with a "No truck"/"Truck allowed" flag like the toll one). If you want to do thing in a scalable way you may add "Size limitations" that can be set in the editor (no Campers, Truck, Vans, Buses) and in the client.
Include Taxy/Bus/Emergency Service and add another type of street that can be taken by these drivers only. Moreover don't generate Map Problems, automatic traffic reports and don't gather GPS traces while in this mode.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App