Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
An optional segment slope parameter or a "too steep" checkbox and corresponding client preference might be necessary for some vehicle types.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
srbhiscock wrote:A navigation type that would utilise a generic economy algorithm would be useful, perhaps avoiding lots of stop-start situations...
...and detouring shorter lower-ranked roads over much longer (and usually similarly fast, but often slower) routes over higher-ranked roads.

An economic route type was promised many months ago IIRC, and should IMHO be implemented regardless of the planned low-road-types-pruning replacement.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
AndyPoms wrote:
torone wrote:police/firefigther/ambulance
While a good idea, what's to stop any average driver from using that mode?
A ticket for driving ilegally?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
yurasik2000 wrote:But it would be fine if only Freeways were not available.
AFAIK (and have just re-tested, at least on the INTL infrastructure) the "Avoid Highways" option actually avoids just Freeways, for at least one year long. Hope this helps you/them.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
fvwazing wrote:... we will be lucky if trucks, cabs and more are actually supported before this thread is one year old.

[edit]
Aw sh*t, this thread IS one year old.
:grin:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
petervdveen wrote:ˆˆ I was commenting the to use of Waze on a scooter anyway. Not related to any vehicle type option.
Peter, it's always useful to split or edit the quoted text a bit...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Eticketlizabeth wrote:I love that more cars are now available, but how about a minivan/van? ... I chose "taxi" for just that reason, ...
Eticketlizabeth, this whole discussion is not about which car icons should be available to be displayed on top of the map (as is your taxi). It's about which vehicle categories should be supported (length, speed, weight, no. of passengers, etc.) and what routes they should get suggested according to the restriction shields along the real roads.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by FrankieTF
The Original Post made in 2012, Four Years ago from this year 2016.

Did Waze give up on Truckers & RVers ?

I would like vehicle dimensions added for Weight: 80,000 Lbs, Height: 12ft - 13'6, Length: 50ft - 70ft and Widths: 8ft to 11ft. Maybe Hazmat designated also but not necessary. This is for Trucks & RVers who travel all roads all countries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Truckers work through Holidays and birthdays and vacations. There's an app on Google play, called Smart Truck Route. They are Truck GPS focused and charge 50 USD a year. You can buy them out and add to Waze interface.
FrankieTF
Send a message

Post by frxdrxk

Would love to see height implemented into Waze. I drive a small truck (3.10 meters high), and sometimes Waze routs me places I cant drive. For example a tunnel that is too low. This would be beneficial for us couriers with trucks, Waze really helps me finding the fastest route otherwise.

A feature where you could manually enter height of tunnels along your route would be fantastic as well, as some tunnels might be temporary.
frxdrxk
Send a message