Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by NEPAHXC
There are a lot of truckers out there. Myself included. I always have my phone up for WAZE and my Garmin Dezl GPS up on the dash so I don't hit any bridges. If WAZE added a Truck Mode to the map that would be amazing.

WE NEED A TRUCK MODE! please.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NEPAHXC
Send a message
Area Manager for Pennsylvania.

Post by Nikiburton
In Spain there are some streets of exclusive use for electrical cars. Can this category be added?
Regards
Nikiburton
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png
AM en Sevilla y alrededores, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Isla Cristina, Villanueva de la Sierra y Villavieja de Yeltes.
Android 4.2.2 Waze 3.8.1.0

Post by NinjaKid2002
I run a small fleet of Heavy Goods Vehicles in England, which operate throughout the UK and Europe. We regularly have issues with weight limited roads and small tracks that are unsuitable for articulated 44-ton vehicles. Our current sat nav systems are very good, but are never accurate enough on these features.
Waze would be a fantastic alternative. I use it personally and can see the commercial benefits of using it in all our trucks.
I am also a keen Waze map editor and would happily alter roads as they are identified by our drivers.
NinjaKid2002
Send a message

Post by noney82
excuse me for being lazy and not reading all 19 pages of thread but... if i select 'car type' as a truck does that mean it uses routes that are truck friendly or is it just purely for illustration purposes?
noney82
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by noney82
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
noney82 wrote:excuse me for being lazy and not reading all 19 pages of thread but... if i select 'car type' as a truck does that mean it uses routes that are truck friendly or is it just purely for illustration purposes?
If you mean the icons in the app for how you see your the vehicle, that is purely graphical and nothing else. In the future, selecting a vehicle type (not likely the same as the icon) is supposed to avoid roads which don't restrict that type of vehicle.
Thank you, will be amazing if they bring restrictions in.
noney82
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by noonnoon
It has probably mentioned before but if a motorcycle mode is ever added, then waze needs an option to run in background. I don't use much navigation in my home town when riding but I would like to hear alerts.
No point keeping screen on when using headphones and phone is in the pocket but without navigation waze will shut down after some time.
noonnoon
Send a message

Post by obananas
HOV vehicle type definitely needs to be added. I commute on the LIE in Long Island NY
we have a HOV land and since there is no differentiation between it and the main freeway all traffic reports are combined. During rush hr waze often reports incorrect traffic. The main freeway is traveling below 10 mph and the HOV lane is clear. It starts to make waze useless.
obananas
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
Desired New Vehicle Type: Bicycle
Desired New Roadway: Bicycle Path

:)
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
cherianchris wrote:Another suggestion to enhance the fun factor while using Waze: Could you add an M1Abrams Battle Tank to the Client please? People all over the world would love it.. :smile:
Oh, yeah.

I want one.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
fvwazing wrote:Please, do NOT add cyclists and pedestrians to the set. Any new vehicles should be able to drive (a subset of) the car-network.
How exactly are bicycles different in this discussion from long-haul trucks? Restrictions on where they can drive, potential impact to the average speed on the chosen roadway, etc. I would consider it an advantage while driving to know that both are on my route.
OldGnome
Send a message