Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by vidiview
- which types of navigation would you like to see?

Well, it would be great to have a navigation based on the most economical route. Today there's only the fastest and shortest route. The economical mode would be somewere in between fastest and shortest route.
vidiview
Send a message

Post by VikingBastard
Hi,

Any hope for tour bus drivers? I'm hov and bus lane available at all times.

A
VikingBastard
Send a message

Post by wanttofish
Commercial truck routes. New York, USA
wanttofish
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
For the more common options we don't want to deal with fully supporting, just have them be pointers to the "Other vehicle" option that gets its speed ignored.

For example, bicycles. We know people use Waze on bicycles, so if we have a bicycle option for them to pick, I bet they are more likely to do so. Especially if it makes their icon into a bicycle ;)

They don't need to know the details that it behaves the same as if they picked "other" and we and Waze don't need to do anything beyond setting up the "other" option.

And if sometime in the future we actually do support bicycles in a more complex manner, then the backend can change and the client already is set to bicycle.

So to expand that thought, once we have a list of vehicle types we can imagine people using, add ALL of the common ones in that list and point them to "other" until such time that they do get special treatment. If we rather NOT ignore their data as if they were "other", point them instead to the normal/default/car profile on the backend.

And in the bright and distant future, we could go crazy and have the client show 50 different vehicle types but the back end can have them assigned to a nice tidy list of 5 or 10 profiles.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by Wildman523
I think a truck and trailer would be a good feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wildman523
Send a message

Post by wisedraco
Need to be add bicycle-type.
Also i see there in waze is already motorcycle icon - it means, a motorcycles works correctly in waze? in example, with motorcycle i can drive mostly even if cars traffic is standstill - it does not generate wrong data for them, who sits in their "metal canns" ? :D
Latvia.
wisedraco
Send a message

Post by wisedraco
fvwazing wrote:Gas-savings are an interesting idea but foremost it is a can of worms. Waze needs elevationdata for that (could be derived from gpsdata but with a huge errormargin) and a LOT of variables on the car. Cars with regenerative braking or hybrids have complete opposite characteristics from combustion engines, for instance. I know of not a single navigation that masters it.
LOT of variables not need. very hard elevations is similarly fuel-wasting on any type of vehicle.
another side is - realization of that idea is resource consuming, and need to be new models and heights data. on another side - mostly all locals already know, where hills is it, and what he can route around that things. also i do not know, what big in reality is that problem, because i live in latvia, and there we practically not encounter with hills and so. as so there must be thinking and decision about - how large practical impact we have from that thing realizing. for example, many electric vehicles do not have recuperation mode, because in everyday traffic gettings from recuperation is very small. recuperation work good as speed increases, from city speeds it return in batterys in braking almost nothing, as fact...maybe there is similar situation?
wisedraco
Send a message

Post by worldweb_ddrord7p
UK
Would love an app suitable for Motorhomes. Height and width are an issue. Also put on Campsites that would be great.
worldweb_ddrord7p
Send a message

Post by woyteck79
Please make a mode to account for road signs i.e. low bridge, slope steepness and truck/lorry restrictions (or general weight limits).

New vehicle types:
truck/HGV/tralier/TIR - largest vehicle in normal traffic on the road.
Bus - usage for bus lanes
Van/Lorry/Delivery - vehicle above 3.5t but below 7.5t (often allowed in town centres)
Motorbike - treat data from them differently (allow passing traffic)
NO bicycles - maybe they need Waze for cyclists as separate server.
Emergency vehicle - allow all turns.
train/tram - navigation OFF, traffic reporting OFF.

Road types:
- separate unpaved road from 4x4 trail and add extra option to allow using 4x4 trails.
- get bus/taxi/motorbike lane type (could be with extra selection starting with BUS as default and ability to tick taxi and/or motorbike when needed)
- add HOV/express lanes.
- add tram tracks.

Add alerts:
- road surface damage (potholes)
- disaster area/ road closed/no go zone (route all traffic around it unless destination is within - but give warning)
woyteck79
Send a message

Post by x-dream

We own a marketing business. We do have trucks that uses waze. We sure would like to see version for trucks.

Our local transportation rules have restrictions for:

1. Some roads are not for trucks.
2. Some roads allow trucks at certien hours.

Thank you!
x-dream
Send a message