Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AndyPoms
DaveNorton wrote:I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a way to enter a request for a "commercial route" or "truck route". Shortly, I will be driving a truck (moving furniture, etc.) to Long Island from Maryland. And it would be nice to have Waze route me such that it avoids roads I am not permitted to drive on (parkways). I know most of these, but having Waze do it would be helpful.

So yes. Having a vehicle type of "Commercial" that Waze would use to refine its route calculation would be helpful.
Not yet, but it's in the works. We recently got the ability to do vehicle type restrictions in the editor, but the client app & routing engine needs an update to work with vehicle types. The client updates aren't in beta testing yet, and we have not estimated time frame for it yet.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
CT State Police has been known to sit in the median between the HOV & Regular Travel Lanes and do both speed & HOV enforcement at the same time. Our HOV lanes are under utilized, so you could be doing 65+ in the HOV lanes and the regular lanes are sitting at 30mph or less...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
DaJoNel wrote:Location: USA
Navigation type: Unpaved road (well-maintained, frequently-used gravel)
We've asked for this to be a checkbox several times. Please see local guidelines (by state) for more info on how to type these roads. For example in CT all unpaved roads are typed as "Dirt Road/4x4 Trail" (as long as a sedan can drive on the road), however in Louisiana "Dirt Road/4x4 Trail" is used more for roads that a sedan can't drive on.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
DaJoNel wrote:This distinction is worthless because the road type appears as little more than a walking trail in the client.
It actually effects routing based on client settings.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by Barcia83
Tienen que poner mas tipos de vehiculos
Barcia83
Send a message

Post by Barneymiller77
Ambiance and funeral procession I think needs to be added out of the hurting and the dead , U.S.A.
Barneymiller77
Send a message

Post by Barneymiller77
I left the word respect out of my comment
Barneymiller77
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Italy
I support Truck mode (with a "No truck"/"Truck allowed" flag like the toll one). If you want to do thing in a scalable way you may add "Size limitations" that can be set in the editor (no Campers, Truck, Vans, Buses) and in the client.
Include Taxy/Bus/Emergency Service and add another type of street that can be taken by these drivers only. Moreover don't generate Map Problems, automatic traffic reports and don't gather GPS traces while in this mode.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by beej666
MikeyMikeT wrote:A motorcycle option would be great to see. The live data regarding my speed shouldn't count, since in Thailand we are permitted to drive between cars that are stuck in epic traffic jams.

That being said, larger bikes DO get stuck in the traffic jams since they are too big to fit between the cars. Also, in some countries lane sharing is illegal, so motorcycles can offer legitimate data about traffic speed.

Maybe two options for motorcycles would work best: Motorcycle (lane-sharing disabled) and Motorcle (lane sharing enabled). The default could have lane-sharing disabled, but for those of use in places that allow it we could enable it. I love Waze, but I do feel my presence on the road screws up the data.
i second this.

Unholy: did anything ever come of this thread? It's still very visible as it is pinned as an Announcement in this forum.
beej666
Send a message

Post by beej666
in Waze for iOS 4.3.0.1, i now see under Navigation settings a choice to pick "Vehicle type" between "Private" and "Taxi".

that's a start!

would still love to see a motorcycle option
beej666
Send a message