Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby petervdveen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am

HOV is some kind of toll road, right?
How many meters is between the normal road and this HOV road?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby rsouthern2016 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 am

Road Type: highways with HOV lane

Does Waze identify the difference in the traffic flows between HOV and non-HOV traffic? If not I think the higher speed from the HOV lane is throwing off the road segment average speed and arrival time at destination. Based on my use of Waze I believe it doesn't differentiate. At least in the SF Bay Area, the arrival time is always 5-10 minutes optimistic, and that's with highway travel (so no variable traffic light delays).
rsouthern2016

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:07 pm

slandrum wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: In the future, selecting a vehicle type (not likely the same as the icon) is supposed to avoid roads which don't restrict that type of vehicle.

I hope that they avoid roads that do restrict those vehicles and route on roads that don't!

I know, it's just a simple typo. :)

Lol, you're right! Bad typo. :oops:
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby slandrum » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:41 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote: In the future, selecting a vehicle type (not likely the same as the icon) is supposed to avoid roads which don't restrict that type of vehicle.

I hope that they avoid roads that do restrict those vehicles and route on roads that don't!

I know, it's just a simple typo. :)
slandrum

Postby noney82 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:26 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
noney82 wrote:excuse me for being lazy and not reading all 19 pages of thread but... if i select 'car type' as a truck does that mean it uses routes that are truck friendly or is it just purely for illustration purposes?

If you mean the icons in the app for how you see your the vehicle, that is purely graphical and nothing else. In the future, selecting a vehicle type (not likely the same as the icon) is supposed to avoid roads which don't restrict that type of vehicle.

Thank you, will be amazing if they bring restrictions in.
noney82
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 pm

noney82 wrote:excuse me for being lazy and not reading all 19 pages of thread but... if i select 'car type' as a truck does that mean it uses routes that are truck friendly or is it just purely for illustration purposes?

If you mean the icons in the app for how you see your vehicle, that is purely graphical and nothing else. In the future, selecting a vehicle type (not likely the same as the icon) is supposed to avoid roads which don't restrict that type of vehicle.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby noney82 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 am

excuse me for being lazy and not reading all 19 pages of thread but... if i select 'car type' as a truck does that mean it uses routes that are truck friendly or is it just purely for illustration purposes?
noney82
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:07 pm

DaveNorton wrote:I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a way to enter a request for a "commercial route" or "truck route". Shortly, I will be driving a truck (moving furniture, etc.) to Long Island from Maryland. And it would be nice to have Waze route me such that it avoids roads I am not permitted to drive on (parkways). I know most of these, but having Waze do it would be helpful.

So yes. Having a vehicle type of "Commercial" that Waze would use to refine its route calculation would be helpful.

Not yet, but it's in the works. We recently got the ability to do vehicle type restrictions in the editor, but the client app & routing engine needs an update to work with vehicle types. The client updates aren't in beta testing yet, and we have not estimated time frame for it yet.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DaveNorton » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a way to enter a request for a "commercial route" or "truck route". Shortly, I will be driving a truck (moving furniture, etc.) to Long Island from Maryland. And it would be nice to have Waze route me such that it avoids roads I am not permitted to drive on (parkways). I know most of these, but having Waze do it would be helpful.

So yes. Having a vehicle type of "Commercial" that Waze would use to refine its route calculation would be helpful.
DaveNorton

Postby im_anca » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:19 am

Vehicle : Motorcycle

It would be great if waze can add it, in Indonesia the population of motorcycle is enormous
and many road (Jakarta) that have motorcycle restriction, and many small alley that only motorcycle can pass, so it will help us (motorcycle user) a lot..
im_anca

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App