Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby Mirarkitty » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 am

Well, something to start with that needs to enter into the maps as soon as possible:

* Taxi mode - can take taxi lanes and shortcuts a lot in sweden - need map support
* Bus mode - same there (bus~=taxi+truck), and need map support
* Carpooling mode - may take special lanes as well (doesn't exist in sweden though)
* MC mode - they may bypass stuck traffic and mess up roads
* Truck mode - slow, messes up roads, might need permissions on roads on the map to pick the right roads
* Trailer mode - slow, messes up roads

Maybe a height/weight-of-vehicle with permissions set on roads for that.

Speaking of which, please add time-limited permissions on roads while you're on that ("7:30-22:00 only northbound")...
Mirarkitty

Postby mjepson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I would love to have navigation for the motorcycle, based on how "nice" the roads are. I know there are maps for Garmin that have scored the roads on their view or on their curves (we love good curves). You can use these when just riding for fun and it calculates a route from A to B using nice roads, rather than the fastest ones.
I know this would be a lot of work to implement and to have wazers score the roads based on these criteria, but a man can dream!
mjepson

Postby MMPDavidL » Sun May 05, 2013 6:38 pm

How about adding a mini van icon? I love my sonora gold entourage. I call it, 'The Golden Eagle' :)
MMPDavidL

Postby Nikiburton » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:36 pm

In Spain there are some streets of exclusive use for electrical cars. Can this category be added?
Regards
AM en Sevilla y alrededores, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Isla Cristina, Villanueva de la Sierra y Villavieja de Yeltes.
Android 4.0.4 Waze 3.7.8.0
Nikiburton

Postby noney82 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 am

excuse me for being lazy and not reading all 19 pages of thread but... if i select 'car type' as a truck does that mean it uses routes that are truck friendly or is it just purely for illustration purposes?
noney82

Postby noney82 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:26 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
noney82 wrote:excuse me for being lazy and not reading all 19 pages of thread but... if i select 'car type' as a truck does that mean it uses routes that are truck friendly or is it just purely for illustration purposes?

If you mean the icons in the app for how you see your the vehicle, that is purely graphical and nothing else. In the future, selecting a vehicle type (not likely the same as the icon) is supposed to avoid roads which don't restrict that type of vehicle.

Thank you, will be amazing if they bring restrictions in.
noney82

Postby noonnoon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:41 am

It has probably mentioned before but if a motorcycle mode is ever added, then waze needs an option to run in background. I don't use much navigation in my home town when riding but I would like to hear alerts.
No point keeping screen on when using headphones and phone is in the pocket but without navigation waze will shut down after some time.
noonnoon

Postby obananas » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:07 pm

HOV vehicle type definitely needs to be added. I commute on the LIE in Long Island NY
we have a HOV land and since there is no differentiation between it and the main freeway all traffic reports are combined. During rush hr waze often reports incorrect traffic. The main freeway is traveling below 10 mph and the HOV lane is clear. It starts to make waze useless.
obananas

Postby OldGnome » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Desired New Vehicle Type: Bicycle
Desired New Roadway: Bicycle Path

:)
OldGnome

Postby OldGnome » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 pm

cherianchris wrote:Another suggestion to enhance the fun factor while using Waze: Could you add an M1Abrams Battle Tank to the Client please? People all over the world would love it.. :smile:

Oh, yeah.

I want one.
OldGnome

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App