Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby usa_08gfylk0 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:09 pm

This discussion has been going on for years and I don't see anything happening. I'm moving a family member to NYC from MA and there are all kinds of restricted parkways in CT and NY that don't allow trailers. Most don't seem to differentiate between commercial and noncommercial, of which I'm the latter towing a black Home Depot trailer. Of course Waze and every other GPS wants you to go down these parkways.

Short of GPS with subscriptions for professional truckers I don't see much of anything out there for a GPS app, or am I wrong?

Clark
usa_08gfylk0

Postby VikingBastard » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:41 am

Hi,

Any hope for tour bus drivers? I'm hov and bus lane available at all times.

A
VikingBastard

Postby ramblinwreck_81 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:08 pm

Agree. I have a motor home and I paid too much money for it to have to worry about getting on a road that has a low overpass.

Garmin was able to do this years ago.
ramblinwreck_81
State Manager
State Manager

Postby FrankieTF » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:34 pm

The Original Post made in 2012, Four Years ago from this year 2016.

Did Waze give up on Truckers & RVers ?

I would like vehicle dimensions added for Weight: 80,000 Lbs, Height: 12ft - 13'6, Length: 50ft - 70ft and Widths: 8ft to 11ft. Maybe Hazmat designated also but not necessary. This is for Trucks & RVers who travel all roads all countries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Truckers work through Holidays and birthdays and vacations. There's an app on Google play, called Smart Truck Route. They are Truck GPS focused and charge 50 USD a year. You can buy them out and add to Waze interface.
FrankieTF

Postby hzt9tx » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Selecting Electric or EV as a fuel type would be incredibly useful for those of us who have range anxiety in the coldest months of commuting. Being able to select EV and Most Economical would ensure maximum distance for the charge available taking into consideration terrain and speed limits.
hzt9tx

Postby SERVBLOODBIKER » Mon May 23, 2016 1:54 pm

I delivery blood as a volunteer emergency rider here in the UK where filtering lanes is perfectly legal. Our dispatchers are increasingly making use of Waze as the ETA feature is great for monitoring rider safety and progress.

A motorcycle mode with the ETA adapted to take account of progress through traffic queues would be invaluable.
SERVBLOODBIKER

Postby NinjaKid2002 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:29 am

I run a small fleet of Heavy Goods Vehicles in England, which operate throughout the UK and Europe. We regularly have issues with weight limited roads and small tracks that are unsuitable for articulated 44-ton vehicles. Our current sat nav systems are very good, but are never accurate enough on these features.
Waze would be a fantastic alternative. I use it personally and can see the commercial benefits of using it in all our trucks.
I am also a keen Waze map editor and would happily alter roads as they are identified by our drivers.
NinjaKid2002

Postby SouthEasternMotorist » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Vehicles used: Private car, 3.5 tonne van

In the UK, roads are not usually restricted by vehicle type, but most commonly by width or height, and less commonly, by total train length. For example, most railway bridges have a height restriction.

Similar signs also exist for width, length or weight restrictions. Simply being able to create a profile of your own, whereby you set the gross weight of your vehicle, its length, width and height would be very useful. In the same way as the community edits and updates its mapping and road closures, the option to "add length/width/height/weight restriction" would prove very useful, and within a period of months, Waze mapping over here in the UK would contain most of these restrictions.

Moreover, most of this is also applicable to the rest of Europe, since signage is fairly standardised due to the EU.
SouthEasternMotorist

Postby beej666 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:29 pm

in Waze for iOS 4.3.0.1, i now see under Navigation settings a choice to pick "Vehicle type" between "Private" and "Taxi".

that's a start!

would still love to see a motorcycle option
beej666

Postby theotherphil » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:33 am

Australia...but could be used anywhere.

I would like to see a usage for emergency vehicles. I can turn right at no right turns. I can do U turns at traffic lights etc, etc.

Garmin has the option for Emergency Vehicles, as does the factory Sat Nav in my Hyundai IX35.

Useful data could be gleaned from my drives but I don't think it should contribute to traffic data. On an emergency, I can pass most traffic without issue.
theotherphil

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App