Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby DaJoNel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Yes, I know. However, many of the gravel roads in my area are major access routes. Many POI are unreachable without the use of these gravel roads. I was specifically referring to the visual appearance of these roads that make them quite nearly invisible in the client.
Plains Region
NE, MO, IA, KS, MN, SD, ND
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager

Postby DaJoNel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:14 pm

This distinction is worthless because the road type appears as little more than a walking trail in the client.
Plains Region
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager

Postby DaJoNel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Navigation type: Unpaved road (well-maintained, frequently-used gravel)
Plains Region
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager

Postby DaineseMan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:27 am

Vehicle type: motorcycles

I apologise if someone's mentioned my points in this thread, but, based on my experience, a motorcycle setting would be helpful for two reasons. Firstly, it would prevent the motorcyclist from reporting inaccurate traffic conditions when they are filtering though traffic. Secondly, it would prevent the motorcyclist from being unnecessarily rerouted around standstill traffic - something that can be very frustrating for me as a rider when I know I can filter past the traffic anyway.

As for the American states who have made filtering (or 'lane splitting' in local jargon) illegal, I cannot see the point of wanting to own a motorcycle in the first place if you can't take advantage of its smaller size. There is a safe manner in performing this manoeuvre, so instead of banning it completely, the Americans should rather educate their drivers to be more aware of the things around them (the level of driving in most states is atrocious as it is compared Western Europe) as well as training motorcyclists how to filter safely.
DaineseMan

Postby crezymunky » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Not all the crosswalks are properly marked. Some there is barely a sign. If you are in an unfamilier area, it would be nice to have it in waze. No need to act that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
crezymunky

Postby crezymunky » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 am

I would like to see all the new crosswalks that have been added in Montgomery county maryland for one. There are so many now, in plaves that make no sense. A small alert that you are approaching one would be nice, especially since the police are using them as ticket traps now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
crezymunky

Postby cowgirlkaboom » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:51 pm

I'd like to see speed classes. For example, if I drive my Jeep is has a top speed of about 50-55mph, so staying on rural roads is generally better. If I'm on my scooter, top speed is about 35-40.

I'd like to see specific road/route avoidance options. If I could list a specific road/rural route as forbidden it would make my trip a lot more interesting when requesting to stay off interstates.

I'd like to see scenic routes as recommended by other wazers or other sources that could be added in.

I'd like to see a "use rural routes only" or "avoid cities and urban areas".

I'd like to see routes by how infrequently they are used by other wazers but are still passible. Maybe a chance to gain points?

Thanks for the great app! I really enjoy it.
cowgirlkaboom

Postby Cornath » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I could see adding support for truck drivers. Maybe give them a way to designate route restrictions (height, weight, hazmat, etc...). As far as affecting the listed speed of traffic, some companies govern their vehicles at 55-60, so this may show traffic congestion on th the app if there are several trucks using waze near each other.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Cornath

Postby Colin-Pye » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 am

It likely would be handy to have a type of BUS, since they often make many more stops than other vehicles, and, as such, would maintain a lower average speed. And since passengers on a bus may still be using the app, it would make sense for them to be able to pick it.

Also, when you see one of them going off route, it's usually because something major happened to the road, but to know that, one would need to know bus routes, too.
Colin-Pye

Postby chrysrobyn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm

New vehicle type: Delivery (USPS, UPS, etc.). They make all kinds of stops along residential roads and make all the rural roads in my neighborhood glow red (slow) during the last two weeks of December when I'm driving home.
Ramp type: HOV. I do some AM work in the Phoenix area and the ability to mark ramps as HOV only would be very useful.
chrysrobyn
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App