Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby djejbr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Please include Waze support for motorcycle riders and please make sure that in Brazil it has the ability for traffic filtering which is something legal around here!

Best Regards,

Ernani
djejbr

Postby LucasKellermannn » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 am

Wow, this discussion already started in 2012 and vehicle category isn't already available to use...

I love Waze, as a salesman i use it every single day, but I drive a Van and unfortunately Waze has put me in very difficult situations several times. This is not about some bonus implementation, it is a serious need. The major part of gps offers this option, I personally believe that Waze development team should take this seriously. I don't want to sound rude, I'm saying it in a nice way. :)

About wich categories Waze should have, i would put like this:
1) Transport Vehicle
2) Car
3) By Walk / Bike

But inside the option "transport vehicle" i would suggest that Waze user set up the vehicle description like weight, height, length.. Just it. Let's be honest, creating much types of vehicles such as bus, truck, heavy truck, etc, would be impracticable to set it all in each street in map editor... :roll:

Car option would still the same and by walking could include routes trough parks, metro, etc.. (But not actually urgent).

Anyway and again, I just love Waze and I want to help to improve it as I can...
God bless you all!
Hugs!

Lucas K, - Brazil
LucasKellermannn

Postby otarf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:51 pm

I drive a commercial standard light duty pickup truck in New York City, I am not allowed on many parkways and roadways in the NYC area, and I am constantly monitoring my route on Waze to make sure I'm not on these roadways because there is no commercial vehicle option, I love the Waze app, and would be so happy if there was a commercial vehicle option.

Thanks Marc
otarf

Postby Traveling_Gav » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:46 am

Luxury you would be lucky to get on a toll road for less than $4 in Australia!
Traveling_Gav
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby lateknightucd » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Navigation type: All
What about the option to show total cost for tolls from a starting to ending location? I noticed when I drove from Grand Rapids to Chicago last time that it would have been helpful to know not just that there were tolls but that there were three $1.50 tolls.

Thanks!!
lateknightucd

Postby frxdrxk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Would love to see height implemented into Waze. I drive a small truck (3.10 meters high), and sometimes Waze routs me places I cant drive. For example a tunnel that is too low. This would be beneficial for us couriers with trucks, Waze really helps me finding the fastest route otherwise.

A feature where you could manually enter height of tunnels along your route would be fantastic as well, as some tunnels might be temporary.
frxdrxk

Postby Traveling_Gav » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 pm

Consider this a vote of support if someone had already suggested it but in addition to types it would beneficial if vehicle height and weight could be specified as many bridges and tunnels are restricted by those requirements. In Australia even some roads will be restricted to vehicles less than some weight.

Otherwise bus, taxi and I guess truck would be useful types for us

Cheers!

Edit. Just went past a no left turn for vehicles over 7 metres so length would be good as well
Traveling_Gav
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bryce7up » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:04 pm

+ 1 for the motorcycle option !!

In France, it is permissible for motorcycles to ride between rows .
The problem today is that the speed of data collected by the application are not good , but the events of alert should.
All waze' bikers should be able to contribute to signaling events without screwing up the datas
bryce7up

Postby beej666 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:04 am

MikeyMikeT wrote:A motorcycle option would be great to see. The live data regarding my speed shouldn't count, since in Thailand we are permitted to drive between cars that are stuck in epic traffic jams.

That being said, larger bikes DO get stuck in the traffic jams since they are too big to fit between the cars. Also, in some countries lane sharing is illegal, so motorcycles can offer legitimate data about traffic speed.

Maybe two options for motorcycles would work best: Motorcycle (lane-sharing disabled) and Motorcle (lane sharing enabled). The default could have lane-sharing disabled, but for those of use in places that allow it we could enable it. I love Waze, but I do feel my presence on the road screws up the data.

i second this.

Unholy: did anything ever come of this thread? It's still very visible as it is pinned as an Announcement in this forum.
beej666

Postby p1l0t » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:22 pm

In all honesty, as someone who does databasing I am think the best answer would be to have people give as much information as they can (IF they want nothing annoying but on a settings page or something). That way there is a record of the type of vehicle/usage/speed/restrictions whatever and then with knowing all that information the data could be used to develop new vehicle related features and it would be easy to see what is priority based on number of users in type. Just my humble opinion.
p1l0t

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App