Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby DaJoNel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Yes, I know. However, many of the gravel roads in my area are major access routes. Many POI are unreachable without the use of these gravel roads. I was specifically referring to the visual appearance of these roads that make them quite nearly invisible in the client.
Area Manager: Eastern Nebraska (to the finest detail)
DaJoNel

Postby DaveNorton » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a way to enter a request for a "commercial route" or "truck route". Shortly, I will be driving a truck (moving furniture, etc.) to Long Island from Maryland. And it would be nice to have Waze route me such that it avoids roads I am not permitted to drive on (parkways). I know most of these, but having Waze do it would be helpful.

So yes. Having a vehicle type of "Commercial" that Waze would use to refine its route calculation would be helpful.
DaveNorton

Postby davidg666 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 am

Karl_db wrote:Ireland:

I would like to see Bus / Taxi as an alternative. They both use bus lanes in Dublin particularly and will experience different traffic flows.

I'd second this, but just for taxis (if a bus driver doesn't know his route and is using Waze (or any GPS app) to route, then we're all in trouble :) ) - here in Dublin, taxis are allowed to use bus lanes and bus routes, so they'll typically go faster than normal traffic. There are also some roads that are one way only for cars and two-way for buses and taxis - so we get system-generated map errors caused by taxi drivers using Waze to go what looks to Waze like the wrong way up a one-way street.

++David \ davidg666
Country manager for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

davidg666
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am

Over here and AFAIK there are only the following exceptions:

- the typical taxi/bus roads where some roads, or just one of the ways, are reserved for them. For both-way bus we try to set it as private or red arrows, for one-way bus we set the road only the other way and ignore when there is an automatic report when some smartass goes through the street illegally.

- there are some cars that were converted from gasoline to Liquefied petroleum gas and there are some tunnels and closed parkings (public free/paid and malls) where they are not allowed in.

So in simpler words, for Portugal I don't see any need for changes, unless you want to aim at the taxi market, which would be an amazing idea as there are always plenty of them and having them populating the traffic information of the big cities would be amazing!
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:54 pm

syntax2600 wrote:I was going to suggest adding a police car / squad car.

Some of us Wazers drive those and rack up a ton of miles and map edits. and some of us even post our own police reports. :)

So I guess the first thing to ask is a Waze mood for Police, so we can see you driving on the map and avoid you ;) (not kidding, a Police mood could make sense, ask it!)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm

harling wrote:In some jurisdictions, the police with whom Wazers concern themselves are more in the revenue business than the safety business (for whom case a "Police" mood would be self-defeating).

In some countries like Portugal the police is trying hard to clean up their "corrupt" image and are actively participating in the Internet, from supporting directly websites that collects all radars in Portugal (fixed and hot spots), as well as announcing in advance on their Facebook page the places they will perform stop/speed control operations.

The only thing remaining is to publish their unidentified vehicle license plates, but whoever really wants to know can easily discover them.

So I'm sure some of those cops will use Waze and would love to use the police mood.

They are heavily advertising on tv and magazines about "prevention". Of course there are always black sheeps looking for the ticket money at 3 in the morning.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby deeggo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Notes: Been discussed many times. Basically the ability to set road direction (two-way, one-way) or turn restrictions that are dependent on the day of the week and/or time of day.

+1000, no wait, +1000000
Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One X | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:07 am

Coming from the Netherlands, that link is just hilarious FV!
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 pm

That is their strategy indeed.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:10 am

@fvwazing just because it's the village of Weert, doesn't automatically make it disaster area. That'll make some unhappy residents ;-)
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App