Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby cowgirlkaboom » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:51 pm

I'd like to see speed classes. For example, if I drive my Jeep is has a top speed of about 50-55mph, so staying on rural roads is generally better. If I'm on my scooter, top speed is about 35-40.

I'd like to see specific road/route avoidance options. If I could list a specific road/rural route as forbidden it would make my trip a lot more interesting when requesting to stay off interstates.

I'd like to see scenic routes as recommended by other wazers or other sources that could be added in.

I'd like to see a "use rural routes only" or "avoid cities and urban areas".

I'd like to see routes by how infrequently they are used by other wazers but are still passible. Maybe a chance to gain points?

Thanks for the great app! I really enjoy it.
cowgirlkaboom

Postby krikketdoug » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Out of curiosity, would that ban include vehicles that are powered by LPG rather than gasoline?
krikketdoug

Postby ravenfan13 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:37 pm

Definitely RV. Some roads do not allow any type of bottled gas (propane). BOTH tunnels under Baltimore harbor (i-895 and I-95) have LPG restrictions. Most RV's have some type of LPG on board.
ravenfan13
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby serega_12 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:08 am

HOV lane addition would be nice.
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby ShaunMapper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Ferry boat - Washington State Ferry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShaunMapper

Postby MoarCats » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:12 am

A motorcycle option would be great to see. The live data regarding my speed shouldn't count, since in Thailand we are permitted to drive between cars that are stuck in epic traffic jams.

That being said, larger bikes DO get stuck in the traffic jams since they are too big to fit between the cars. Also, in some countries lane sharing is illegal, so motorcycles can offer legitimate data about traffic speed.

Maybe two options for motorcycles would work best: Motorcycle (lane-sharing disabled) and Motorcle (lane sharing enabled). The default could have lane-sharing disabled, but for those of use in places that allow it we could enable it. I love Waze, but I do feel my presence on the road screws up the data.
MoarCats

Postby PhilipMaguire » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi,

I'm a new Wazer from Hampshire, UK

I've read some of this post with interest. Whilst I do not drive trucks or goods vehicles as they are officially referred to in the UK, I do work in a distribution environment.

It has probably been mentioned before but here different speed limits apply to different vehicle types. See this official UK goverment page for the full table https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits.

If these settings could be implemented it would benefit the goods vehicle drivers as they would be planned to primary routes as the speed they can travel is higher.
PhilipMaguire

Postby krikketdoug » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:46 am

An additional thought about vehicle types...

"Limo" and "Shuttle". I've ended up changing jobs from a truck driver to working at one of the busiest airports in the world, and now see lane restrictions between taxi's, limos. shuttles (company vans used for moving peope in mass, similar to public transport. and public transportation can have different road restrictions.

I still think that approving multiple truck classes is more imporant of an issue. So as the queaky wheel is the one that get's the grease, I mention it again.

Krikket
krikketdoug

Postby DKaz » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Vehicle Type: Limited Speed Motorcycle/Scooter

I already check "avoid freeways" but sometimes I get routed onto 80km/h roads that while they don't prohibit limited speed motorcycles from using, I'd prefer not to use it unless I absolutely had to ie. major accidents on every other alternate route. And then I would use a shoulder if one was available.
DKaz
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kio-13 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:05 pm

I do totally agree with the idea of supporting bicycles.
In France there are a lot of bicycle lanes that are not necessarily close to streets or motoways and there are A LOT of users that like to use Waze while on their bikes.
Which gives us a lot of fake "map problems".
kio-13
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App