Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby Pizuz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 am

You can always decide to participate in map editing for your area which results in a sizeable amount of extra points.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager

Postby bobbeaton » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:11 am

As a new Waze user, I find the point system somewhat of an enjoyable game. However, the playing field is not level. While I drive about 900 miles a week for work, I doubt I can compete with the truck drivers in terms of their weekly mileage (and point accumulations). Likewise, I doubt that the motorcyclists can compete effectively with either the 4-wheelers or the 18-wheelers. I think it would be more interesting for Wazer's who attend to the point system to select and compete within one of at least three vehicle type classes--commercial trucks, private autos, and motorcycles. I do recognize that other vehicle categories may be needed as well, such as RVs, buses, taxis, street cars, light rail trains and streetcars, etc. But, a simple stratification of vehicle types (e.g., truck, car, bikes) in the point rankings would be a great step in the right direction.
bobbeaton

Postby trucker5955 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:48 pm

I am going to have to agree with the rest of the people saying it. I would love to see a Semi Truck vehicle type.
trucker5955

Postby Lama_Dopje » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:20 am

Add bicycles! We have a lot of cycling lanes in the Netherlands and it would be nice to recognize this as well.
Lama_Dopje

Postby Barneymiller77 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:55 pm

I left the word respect out of my comment
Barneymiller77

Postby Barneymiller77 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Ambiance and funeral procession I think needs to be added out of the hurting and the dead , U.S.A.
Barneymiller77

Postby foxitrot » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:48 am

Eticketlizabeth wrote:I love that more cars are now available, but how about a minivan/van? ... I chose "taxi" for just that reason, ...

Eticketlizabeth, this whole discussion is not about which car icons should be available to be displayed on top of the map (as is your taxi). It's about which vehicle categories should be supported (length, speed, weight, no. of passengers, etc.) and what routes they should get suggested according to the restriction shields along the real roads.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Olestas » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 am

What??
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Eticketlizabeth » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:57 pm

I love that more cars are now available, but how about a minivan/van? I know I'm not the only Mom's Taxi Service out there using Waze! (I chose "taxi" for just that reason, but I actually drive a black minivan--nothing like the only black vehicle available, the Smart!)
Eticketlizabeth

Postby petervdveen » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:38 am

Ajavas wrote:I'm a truck driver in The Netherlands and would love to have truck vehicle category and options, like size, weight and wheels option in Waze.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T805 met Tapatalk

Binnenkort hebben we een waze meeting in Almere. Als je interesse hebt mag je ook langskomen. Daar zal dit onderwerp ook aan bod komen!

Meer info:
http://bit.ly/waze-meeting

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App