Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Cornath
I could see adding support for truck drivers. Maybe give them a way to designate route restrictions (height, weight, hazmat, etc...). As far as affecting the listed speed of traffic, some companies govern their vehicles at 55-60, so this may show traffic congestion on th the app if there are several trucks using waze near each other.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Cornath
Send a message

Post by cowgirlkaboom
I'd like to see speed classes. For example, if I drive my Jeep is has a top speed of about 50-55mph, so staying on rural roads is generally better. If I'm on my scooter, top speed is about 35-40.

I'd like to see specific road/route avoidance options. If I could list a specific road/rural route as forbidden it would make my trip a lot more interesting when requesting to stay off interstates.

I'd like to see scenic routes as recommended by other wazers or other sources that could be added in.

I'd like to see a "use rural routes only" or "avoid cities and urban areas".

I'd like to see routes by how infrequently they are used by other wazers but are still passible. Maybe a chance to gain points?

Thanks for the great app! I really enjoy it.
cowgirlkaboom
Send a message

Post by crezymunky
I would like to see all the new crosswalks that have been added in Montgomery county maryland for one. There are so many now, in plaves that make no sense. A small alert that you are approaching one would be nice, especially since the police are using them as ticket traps now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
crezymunky
Send a message

Post by crezymunky
Not all the crosswalks are properly marked. Some there is barely a sign. If you are in an unfamilier area, it would be nice to have it in waze. No need to act that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
crezymunky
Send a message

Post by DaJoNel
Navigation type: Unpaved road (well-maintained, frequently-used gravel)
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by DaJoNel
This distinction is worthless because the road type appears as little more than a walking trail in the client.
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by DaJoNel
Yes, I know. However, many of the gravel roads in my area are major access routes. Many POI are unreachable without the use of these gravel roads. I was specifically referring to the visual appearance of these roads that make them quite nearly invisible in the client.
DaJoNel
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by danloeb
I would be very happy to see bicycle and pedestrian added to the vehicle types even if they don't add any bike or walking trails. I find Waze incredible useful even when I am not in the car, and I continue to report accidents and the like when I do, but I know that the speed data I am creating is not helpful to motorists and I wish I could stop providing such misinformation.
danloeb
Send a message

Post by DaveNorton
I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a way to enter a request for a "commercial route" or "truck route". Shortly, I will be driving a truck (moving furniture, etc.) to Long Island from Maryland. And it would be nice to have Waze route me such that it avoids roads I am not permitted to drive on (parkways). I know most of these, but having Waze do it would be helpful.

So yes. Having a vehicle type of "Commercial" that Waze would use to refine its route calculation would be helpful.
DaveNorton
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Karl_db wrote:Ireland:

I would like to see Bus / Taxi as an alternative. They both use bus lanes in Dublin particularly and will experience different traffic flows.
I'd second this, but just for taxis (if a bus driver doesn't know his route and is using Waze (or any GPS app) to route, then we're all in trouble :) ) - here in Dublin, taxis are allowed to use bus lanes and bus routes, so they'll typically go faster than normal traffic. There are also some roads that are one way only for cars and two-way for buses and taxis - so we get system-generated map errors caused by taxi drivers using Waze to go what looks to Waze like the wrong way up a one-way street.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland