These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Day/Auto/Night Switch

Post by yrrabsille
Anyone else having trouble with Auto mode? It doesn't always work.

Does anyone happen to know what criteria the client uses to determine this and how it can be fixed?
yrrabsille

POSTER_ID:1898245

Send a message

Post by yrrabsille
AndyPoms wrote: I had today off work today, and I ended up driving at sunset... Sunset in Hartford, CT was at 4:19pm today - Waze was in day mode earlier & when I looked at it at 4:21 it was in night mode.
What device are you using?

I started with an iPhone 3GS last year and have since upgraded to the 4S and I've always kept my app up to date with the latest versions and it's always done this to me

Barry
yrrabsille
Send a message

Post by yrrabsille
I'm using release 3.5.1.0 on an iPhone 4S

As an example, Yesterday I left Portsmouth, NH at 2pm. the Sun set around 4:30pm and by 5pm it was completely dark out. When I arrived in Times Square at 7pm, it was still displaying in Day mode. When I got there, I shut down the app completely (even from the background) and then fired it back up and it came up in Night mode. It's been doing this kind of thing since I first started using Waze (May 2011).

I won't say it NEVER switches, but it's a rare event.
yrrabsille
Send a message