Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AndyPoms
Alan, there was a map tile update today (http://status.waze.com/) for the ROTW Server, but not one for the NA server. Maybe this has something to do with it...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by darkchunsa
Hi all, glad i found this thread. I live near Los Angeles, CA, where zooming out to view freeway traffic for two counties is a must. Unfortunately, all streets, highways, and freeways disappear at zoom 6. I have an iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3 Waze 3.7. The 5-step refresh map tiles suggestion does not resolve my problem - all lines are still completely gone. see attached photos of the difference between zoom 5 (left side) and zoom 6 (right side). I can't even see all of one county, never mind getting to at least zoom 8 to determine one route length out. Does this make any sense?
darkchunsa
Send a message
Attachments

Post by darkchunsa
oh how odd, now that it's morning, the roads are showing. is it a day vs night thing? I will check again tonight. attached is why checking traffic is a necessity - this is early morning traffic, and it's only going to get worse from here. of course, at this zoom level, you still can't tell what's going on traffic wise. I normally need the kind of detail is get from another maps app to determine when taking local would be the wiser choice. many times LA commuters hop on and off freeways depending on jams.
darkchunsa
Send a message
Attachments

Post by darkchunsa
here is the same area on a diff app - much more useful traffic-wise, not as useful for police or hazards. I like waze when I'm going somewhere I already know where the typical traffic is. then it helps me with last minute hazards and which side of the road it might be on. I don't use waze any other time cuz quite frankly, it just doesn't give me the level on zoom + traffic I need when viewing possible routes (even during guided navigation).
darkchunsa
Send a message
Attachments

Post by deeggo
They're still not back for me. I did a reload of the map in the client, planned a route. Nothing helped.
uploadfromtaptalk1356948639477.jpg
(92.27 KiB) Downloaded 1690 times
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
They're back! I don't know what triggered it, but when I started the client to check at which zoom level they disappear, they didn't disappear anymore. Weird, but hey, we're used to that and it works...
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by Donkeyfumbler
Exactly the same for me on my Galaxy S2. Zooming out past a certain point makes all of the roads disappear when previously you would always see main motorways. Place names, icons and traffic speed indicators are still there though.

Very annoying - I'm almost always zoomed out so I can see problems far away in advance (i.e. before I get there so I can re-route if needed) which is now almost impossible without roads to guide you.

Hope this gets fixed ASAP.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message
Last edited by Donkeyfumbler on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Donkeyfumbler
Can someone from Waze please respond here and let us know if this problem is being worked on, or that they are even aware of it.

I've just sat in traffic for an extra hour because I wasn't able to tell that the alert that appeared in the middle of nowhere on my map was actually on the road I was heading towards, and which I could have avoided if I'd realised.

As it is, Waze has gone from being the most important app on my phone to being completely useless. What is the point in a traffic app that is only able to warn you about traffic jams a mile from your location, when by then it's almost always too late to do anything about it.

PLEASE - let us know what is going on.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
Another week gone, nothing fixed, no word about whether it's even going to be fixed, a great app still totally ruined.

Do you even care?

Total muppets.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message

Post by Donkeyfumbler
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Donkeyfumbler wrote:Another week gone, nothing fixed, no word about whether it's even going to be fixed, a great app still totally ruined.
Welcome to Hyperbole Tuesday!

It's ridiculous to say that Waze is "totally ruined" because when you zoom out past the normal autozoom levels that Waze becomes unusable, which is what "ruined" suggests. It still works just fine.
Welcome to Selfish Wednesday, where people are only allowed to use the app in exactly the same way as you are using it!

I use Waze (or used to) in order to check for traffic problems along the route I travel, at a distance. That's all I use(d) it for (apart from reporting problems where I am to be a helpful member of the community). Now I can't do that - therefore, for me, it is totally ruined. I'm glad it's still doing what you need it to do, but it doesn't work 'just fine' I'm afraid.
Donkeyfumbler
Send a message