These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

N97 mini crashes

Post by twent4
Just started using Waze last night, enjoying it so far but it does have a very nasty bug on my phone; it crashes the darn thing and causes a reboot (my P1i used to do that when it ran out of resources).
To recreate:
1. Had it on while driving home for 20 minutes.
2. Stepped out of the car and went inside (program lost GPS but for some reason the s60 icon persists)
3. Quit program, GPS icon remains on.
4. After a minute or so the screen goes to black, backlight does a little disco dance and phone boots back up. It does not ask for my sim pin which leads me to believe it's a similar resource issue.

Happened twice already, maybe has something to do with client not disconnecting from gps receiver cleanly?

thanks
twent4

POSTER_ID:278583

Send a message

Post by sheridan01
Unfortunately I am not sure this is actually a bug but more a problem with the N97mini or rather Symbian S60 V5 devices. It happens frequently on my N97 and N97 mini. Not quite in the same way as my crashes tend to occur during driving. The phone reboots and then all is well.

My only suggestion would be to soft reboot the device before you start thus freeing up RAM.
sheridan01
Send a message

Post by support
Hey twent4,
Please send us your log files so we can go over them and figure out what went wrong.
You can use the following link which explain how to do it.

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Turn_on_debug_mode

Best Regards,
Waze - Support Team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message