Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

ASR Voice controll.

Post by sirKitKat
Hi,

On my quest to activate the Easter Egg in waze (The purple monster mood) I got stuck on the waze voice input.

Purple Monster
Before you post any links to other threads about unlocking the purple monster, I already know how to unlock the monster, I went trough the forum and trough the files on my phone, I know all the secret voice commands to activate it (yes, there is more than one).

Problem with ASR
Except, in my case, when I activate the voice command, Waze asks "How can I help" but after that, it keeps on waiting. I said lots of things but it seems that Waze doesn't record from the microphone.
I tried almost every command waze should understand but I don't get any response from Waze

2 things I want to figure out:
  • Is there something I can do to make asr work on my phone?
  • Is it possible to run the (voice) commands or actions without asr?
My phone:
Samsung Galaxy ACE (GT-S5830)
Android 2.3.7
Base version: S5830DXKPB
ROM: CyanogenMod-7.2.0-cooper
Waze version: 3.5.1.4
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

POSTER_ID:4200819

Send a message
https://wazebelgium.be/mapupdate/image?s=INTL$n=5
(This image represents the update cycle of the INTL map tiles CET. The NA version of this can be found here CT)

Post by viennes
I have an Galaxy Y Duos, and dont recognize 3 fingers, and dont have frontal cam... I'm searching how to get the monster... Anyone have an idea? I know the secret word, but I need another way...

If you can help me, PM... Whatever...
viennes
Send a message

Post by sirKitKat
AndyPoms wrote:
sirKitKat wrote: I found the file to change the mood and ...
You're looking in the wrong file... and I'm pretty sure you can't set the secret mood in that manner (as it can be overridden with other moods automatically)
I need to correct you, I was looking to the right file and it is possible to change to the secret mood only you need root acces, a decent file manager, a decent file editor and the name of the secret mood

The internal name of the secret mood is to complex to guess and it is not the same as the secret phrase you have to use with asr.

regards,
monster
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
(This image represents the update cycle of the INTL map tiles CET. The NA version of this can be found here CT)

Post by sirKitKat
porubcan wrote:Hint.1 - "travel" to US to get asr working.
Ingress does not allow me to use mock locations. (and I also tried it, asr is still not taking commands, same reaction as in europe)
porubcan wrote:Hint.2 - you can get monster without asr by changing config file somewhere @ /data (rooted android only)
I found the file to change the mood and I successfully changed it to cool,speedy,... by altering the files.
Does anybody know the mood name of the monster? I tried the following moods without result:
  • monster
  • Monster
  • secret
  • easter-egg
  • both of the-commands-you-say-when-asr-works-to-change-to-monster-mood
  • Gold (It was worth a shot ;))
I took a quick loog trough the files of waze and I can't find a complete list with the moods either.
Any help?

You may PM me if you don't want to say it here, out loud ;)

regards,
sir KitKat
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by sirKitKat
porubcan wrote:Activating asr via ##@asr is not working for all devices (e.g. on my OneX) - it will not turn green and listen after "how may I help?" question. I think this was the problem mentioned in this topic.
Correct
porubcan wrote:Hint.2 - you can get monster without asr by changing config file somewhere @ /data (rooted android only)
THANK YOU!

regards,
sir KitKat
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by sirKitKat
I'm located in Europe but like I said, I activated asr and the function is waiting for my commands.
(ASR can be activated by navigating to "##@asr" or by editing the preferences file and set the preference ASR.Feature enabled: yes)

From what I understand, is the malfunction of ASR related to the ROM on my phone but I don't want to load an other ROM just to try it. Alternative, I'm looking for a way to run the asr actions like they are defined in the ars_cmd file.
example commands: asr_report_police; asr_report_accident; ...

Regards,
sir KitKat
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
You can always look at the original .APK file (it is like a ZIP)
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message