Facebook Connect won't work via desktop

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Facebook Connect won't work via desktop

Postby AndyPoms » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:59 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Thanks for the merge.
AndyPoms wrote:Once you are connected on the app, the dashboard will reflect that fact.

Actually, this is not the case, at least not for me. I'm definitely connected to fb in the app, but the Dashboard does not reflect this. I don't really care about the dashboard part because I can see it is actually connected. The website page isn't working properly and I really don't know why people care. There's nothing to "do" after it shows connected on the web. There's no additional functionality which is missing. The app side is the only part which matters.

Does your dashboard look like the image below after connecting? If so, Waze & Facebook at connected and the link is good to go.
facebookconnect.jpg
facebookconnect.jpg (5.89 KiB) Viewed 2449 times

I actually connected my Waze & Facebook using the app after this issue started and it seems fine.

Also, Alan, there was a time after version 3.5 (both platforms) came out that Waze asked us all to re-connect our Waze & Facebook accounts (if we wanted) because a change led to a disconnection for all users.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby daftpaul » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Is not working yet. :C
daftpaul

Re: Re: My Dashboard > Facebook connect failed

Postby dmcconachie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 pm

felipeedwards wrote:Hi Andy. Thanks for your answer, but it isnt helpful. To make the facebook conection is the problem. I keep triying different browsers but fail
thnks

But have you tried within the app itself?
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Re: Facebook problems

Postby felipeedwards » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Same problem here.... seems nobody cares
felipeedwards

Re: My Dashboard > Facebook connect failed

Postby felipeedwards » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi Andy. Thanks for your answer, but it isnt helpful. To make the facebook conection is the problem. I keep triying different browsers but fail
thnks
felipeedwards

Re: My Dashboard > Facebook connect failed

Postby grayxxab » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 pm

I have the same issue. It has caused me to not get credit for a few of my friends that I referred to Waze as well. :x
grayxxab

Postby jerickson1075 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 am

I have a similar problem to rest of you. For me, Facebook will not properly link to Waze on my SG3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Waze and Facebook apps, I have cleared the cache, I have cleared the data, followed just about every help topic I could find and still no FB connectivity to Waze on my phone. I even like Waze so much that I completely wiped my phone in an attempt to fix this (out of desperation, not stupidity). None of it worked.

I believe what happened is I broke the connection when I killed unknown sessions on my FB account. This seems to be about the same time I started noticing my Waze pic and my FB friends list no longer visible on my phone. The account works perfectly fine, other than the FB connectivity.

My theory - I killed the session and the Waze app isn't smart enough to realize that I killed it. Facebook sees this connection as an unwanted connection. But, the Waze app on my phone thinks everything is working normally.

Can someone from Waze check the code to see if it can updated to check for an authorized session each time - and if there is not one, to reauthentice?

Let me know, please. This is driving me nuts. Plus, I am very curious about the fix.

Thanks!
jerickson1075

Postby jkoopmann » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Same here. Not working. Had to look into the FAQ to figure out "world.waze.com" as well. However points are not there at all and facebook connect does not even show...
jkoopmann

Facebook Connect won't work via desktop

Postby kendewey » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Has anyone been able to get the facebook connect to work via their browswer? My ios App works great but can't connect via my browser on my mac. I read the other threads and haven't found any help.
kendewey

Re: Re: Facebook Connect won't work via desktop

Postby Kuhlkatz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Agreed. There is something broken for many of us on the website related to facebook.

If I log in on the world server, I get the Facebook connect button. When attempting to log in, it seemingly does,refreshes the screen, and still shows I'm not logged in. Scoreboard/Friends tells me I should log in to see how I stack up.

If I log in on the www site, I do not get the button, but it immediately shows me as connected. The disconnect link does nothing, but no friends show up on the scoreboard, just a text entry box allowing me to post an invite to join 'waze' (not Waze) on my wall.

This functionality has never worked on the world server in the 5 months I've been active.
The client seems to be OK.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
Using HTC One, Stock ROM, Android 4.2.2
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General