[updated] waze beta for Blackberry - your feedback please!

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: [updated] waze beta for Blackberry - your feedback please!

Postby Xopher » Thu May 20, 2010 12:43 am

Still having GPS problems with my Tour 9630 (Waze 1.5.5 on OS 5.0.0.484 with US Cellular). It never finds GPS no matter how long I wait. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and running other GPS apps first (Poynt, BB Maps, amAze, and GPS Logger all find GPS with 9+ satellites). I've checked permissions already, and have sent in logs.

Is there something else I should try? Is there any way to select GPS mode withing the app (Autonomous vs. Assisted)?
Xopher

Postby Xopher » Fri May 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Another person here with a Tour 9630 (OS v. 5.0.0.591) and no GPS lock. I let it sit for 20 minutes and nothing.

BB Maps, Poynt (in GPS mode), AmaZeGPS all lock onto satellites very quickly (BB Maps shows between 7 and 11 satellites found). I'm not sure is Waze is attempting Assisted or Autonomous GPS since both are available on the 9630 (and no option to choose currently exists). I did capture the event log and would be glad to send that in (if that might help).

Eventually, I get a message that GPS is unavailable. Maybe having a way to choose which GPS mode to use would help???
Xopher

Postby wompuscat1965 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:44 pm

any idea when the next update will be?
wompuscat1965

Postby wompuscat1965 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:29 am

bb 8330
could we get an option to let waze stay on top... after about 4 or 5 minutes it says it is gonna exit or work in the background to save battery... would be nice to have the option to leave it up while plugged in.
I guess being a beta version we don't have all of the options... I see others talking about doing this and that.. and I can't find the option.
wompuscat1965

Postby wompuscat1965 » Sat May 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Blackberry 8330
the only way I can get it to connect to gps is first starting bb maps... first I have to open waze. cancel it then open bb maps.. once it gets a gps signal I then switch applications to waze, then it works... I work in highway construction so I try to update the waze every morning but the only option I have is through chit chat... I've looked everywhere on the screen but there is no option. BTW love the program.
wompuscat1965

Postby waynemcdougall » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:51 pm

marioval wrote:I just installed waze 2.1 beta from here for my Verizon 8530 Curve (OS 5+6 version). The sound is now working for me.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6144&start=0

Thanks for reporting this back. Any other bugs you (or anyone else) can clear as being solved in 2.1 from here would be appreciated:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Blac ... p_problems
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall
waynemcdougall

Postby waynemcdougall » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Firstly, here's an extract of an email I got from waze support
right now we have some issues with BB touch screen phones - we explain these over email and in the forums

That was a couple of days ago, in the context of providing documentation on wiki on status.

Doesn't sound abandoned to me.

Secondly blackberry numbers are huge and development has gone so far. It won't be abandoned.

I think it is a hard platform to develop for. And waze have really wanted 2 release for other platforms and especially get android stable.

Achieving all that will make the bb version better and free up time to work on.

I also think wade have been working on other big projects. One-offs like getting Europe base maps onnplace

I'm certain bb will get lots of love on near future.
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall
waynemcdougall

Postby waydavis » Fri May 07, 2010 3:42 am

9700/5.0.0.656

Works great, just have to get use to it. Could use more shortcuts.

Aloha!
waydavis

Postby vaughar » Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 am

Blackberry Bold 9000 here, all works fine.

Had a couple of issues where Waze thought I'd 'deviated from my planned route' whilst driving down a motorway.. it recalculated and then did it again a couple of minutes later. Bit strange, I guess maybe it lost GPS?

Aside of that it's working fine. One piece of feedback, one question and one +1.

Feedback - Why have the number of alerts displayed at the top of the screen? I keep thinking I should go and look at them, but I know they're probably miles away. The relevant ones pop-up anyway, so I say ditch the number and only show the ! when there is a new one added nearby (within 50km)

Question - When with the BB Beta be updated to allow me to add new roads, rather than just report missing ones? Almost all the small roads in my area and my commute aren't on the map. So I could be adding lots of value to the map, but the beta client won't let me do anything other than report that they're missing.

+1 - someone (on the previous page) suggested a shortcut for 'Me on map' as M. I think this would be great, so yes please!

Rob.
vaughar

Postby unwallflower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

cirklagirl wrote:I was just reading on the Waze user manual that it can take 5 - 10 minutes OUTSIDE to pick up the GPS with Waze on... I am going to try this but just thought that I would post it. Maybe someone will try it and report in. I have a bb8520 and waze installed just fine, just can't report anything or get my waze badge :( :cry:

The 8520 does not have an internal GPS. You will have to get some sort of external GPS for waze to work correctly.
unwallflower

Next

Return to Waze App