[updated] waze beta for Blackberry - your feedback please!

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

[updated] waze beta for Blackberry - your feedback please!

Postby krankyd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:05 pm

This is the place to discuss your comments, bugs, problems, (and compliments) about the new waze version (beta) for BlackBerry.

Please note: waze beta for blackberry is designed for BlackBerry models 8900 and higher.
It is not supported on BlackBerry touch screen devices, though it might run on them (in compatability mode). However, we do not officially support touch screen BB at the moment.

thanks!
wazing like a hurricane
krankyd
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: waze beta for Blackberry - your feedback please!

Postby dtanderson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:05 pm

I am stuck in a loop. I am getting "Application Permissions - The application waze is attempting to reset the security timer." with allow/deny. No matter which option that I select, the permission box keeps popping up. I have the BB Tour 9630.

I selected "Don't ask again" and it still kept popping up. I did this several (maybe 6 times or more) and it finally went through. During the registration process, I needed to type a special symbol (ie: . @) but when I hit the "sym" button on my keyboard to pop up the symbol menu, it put a character in the box instead. I was able to use the "alt" key to get the symbols put in.
Last edited by dtanderson on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtanderson

Postby peterepublic » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Well one thing for starters....on a BB Curve 8330 took me FOREVER to get past the agreement....slow as a turtle and the roller activity kept buffering to the point I kept getting "Decline" selected...then when I kept going back up.....I'd go further back up into the agreement...

It was painfully frustrating and long trying to get just over the "Agree" button :)
peterepublic

Postby rcrt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 pm

While I have no had any of the issues highlighted above, I have had one major issue. While I have tried to explore to fix the issue, I have been unsuccessful thus far to turn on my GPS. My BB 9630's GPS is on, and I have found no options that make it turn on.

My one other question is: The program is integrated into Twitter and Foursquare to send updates, but we have been asked to not talk about it. Is this feature currently disabled, or should I hinder the update feature on my handset?
rcrt

Postby dtanderson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm

rcrt wrote:I have been unsuccessful thus far to turn on my GPS. My BB 9630's GPS is on, and I have found no options that make it turn on.

Waze is unable to access my GPS also, Google Maps has no problem accessing it and finding my location. I also have the BB Tour 9630.
dtanderson

Postby LeaderJM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:02 pm

USER OF BB BOLD 9000, v 5.0.0.509
My english comments:
A little agree with "peterepublic", it doesn't scroll up and down properly, it looks like the app should be a little lighter (not so heavier for bb).
I didn't pass thru the problem that "dtanderson" says.
Suggestions:
.- When "end call button" is pressed, the app should go to "home screen" not to ask "Quit?", most BB app use the end call button to go home screen, do the same for bb users, we are use to it.
.- The pave option is not allow. Where is it?
.- Other phone (N95) has the option to switch between day and night, it is very nice, let you use less battery or travel during the night without any disturbing.
.- The contrast between streets, highway, etc, is too low against the rest of the map. Make them be easily identify, remember we are driving (when we stop don't want to waste a lot of time checking)
.- For all versions and phones, add on some where, country, city and area name, some times we travel and we do not know the location, so it is very important to help us and know where we are, the same thing for our alerts, for example, I am in Venezuela, I do not need to know what is going on in Ecuador or England, you can add it as an option (get update from the world or your country or your city location).
The same thing but in spanish now..
USUARIO DE UN BB BOLD 9000, v 5.0.0.509
Mis comentarios en español:
Estoy un poco de acuerdo con lo que dice "peterepublic", no se mueve hacia arriba y hacia abajo adecuadamente, pareciera que la app deberia ser mas liviana (no tan pesada para bb)
No pase por el mismo problema que menciona "dtanderson"
Sugerencias:
.- Cuando el boton de "cortar llamada" es presionado, la app deberia ir a la "pantalla principal" y no preguntar "salir?", la mayoria de las app para bb usan este boton para hacer eso, ya estamos acostumbrados a eso.
.- La opcion de pavimentar no esta permitida. Donde esta esa opcion?
.- Otros telefonos (N95) tienen la opcion para cambiar entre el dia y la noche, es bien, permite ahorrar bateria o viajar de noche sin molestias.
.- El contraste entre las calles, autopistas, etc, es muy con respecto al resto del mapa. Haganlo facil de identificar, recuerden que estamos conduciendo y cuando nos detenemos a chequear no queremos perder tiempo revisando.
.- Para todas las versiones y telefonos, agregar en algun lado, el pais, la ciudad y el area donde estamos, algunas veces viajamos y no sabemos dondes estamos parados, es importante estar ubicados, lo mismo para las alertas, por ej. vivo en Venezuela y no necesito saber que pasa en Ecuador o Inglaterra, pueden agregarlo como una opcion, "Recibir actualizaciones del mundo?" "Recibir actualizaciones de su pais?" o Recibir actualizaciones de su Ciudad?"

Thanks! :D
Last edited by LeaderJM on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeaderJM

Error

Postby martin277 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi,

I get an error on startup. After the message "initialyzing"it says"Error, cannot configure service. please try again later"

On screen in the right corner it says"error in connect"

Thats it.
Any clue?

My device is a bb curve 8900. Twitter uses mds to connect.
I've downloaded the Dutch (netherlands) version. I'll try the english instead.
Edit: nope, also the english version cannot connect. I've tried both gprs and wifi connections.
When I press exit, it hides to the background. Therefore I need to reset my bb each time I try something new.
But for now I'am finished. Hopefully you guys know a solution

Martin
Waze on Blackberry curve 8900- Area Manager Noord-Beveland en omgeving.
martin277

Postby JoseQuintini » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:57 pm

First, let me congratulate you guys for this great program. I`ve used version 1.5.3 and now I`m using 1.5.4. It has worked great in mi Bold 9000 (OS 5.0.0.509) so far. I have noticed that if the GPS signal or the data network is not available when the program starts, most of the time it won`t acquiere them when they become available. Like jhonmac said, it is important to limit the alerts to your area (by city or radius in Km). It`s pretty annoying to receive alerts from other countries. Also,I don´t know the criteria that the program uses to report traffic, but sometimes I`ve been in pretty slow-moving traffic and it doesn´t report it automatically.
The ¨live map¨ on the web page should start by default in your pre-specified city (or the area where you last reported)

That´s it for now....
JoseQuintini

Postby LeaderJM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 pm

USER BB BOLD 9000, V 5.0.0.509

Just happened.. I am trying to open the app and show me the WAZE background and quit automatically.

Restaring my BB.

Previous version 1.5.3 give me some trouble when I was trying to change my settings (privacy, route, map, profile & general options), it makes my phone lag (showing the timing clock).
(to prevent this is better to work without been connected)

Me acaba de pasar.. Estaba tratando de abrir la app y me mostro el tema de Waze y se salio automaticamente.

Reiniciando mi BB.

La version anterior 1.5.3 me dio algunos problemas cuando yo estaba tratando de cambiar mi configuracion (privacidad, rutas, mapas, perfin y opciones generales), me ponia lento el telefono (mostrando el reloj)
(para prevenir esto es mejor trabajar sin estar conectado)
LeaderJM

Postby LeaderJM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:30 pm

JoseQuintini wrote:I don´t know the criteria that the program uses to report traffic, but sometimes I`ve been in pretty slow-moving traffic and it doesn´t report it automatically.

Agree
LeaderJM

Next

Return to Waze App