These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dan12345
We released a new version, 1.5.5.8, to be downloaded as usual by browsing to m.waze.com from your phone browser.
This version is supposed to fix the memory issue as well as some substantial visual improvements, please try it out and let us know if the problem was solved.

Thanks,
Dan, Waze team.
dan12345
Send a message

Post by dan12345
Glad to see the memory issue was fixed.

Scoth is right, the new version still shows as v1.5.5, but is still the wished for upgrade.

Regarding the touch screen one - We just released a testing version for storm, to be found in
http://tiny.cc/1559_touch. If you already downloaded waze, and turned of compatibility mode off, you need to turn it back on.

Let us know your feedback either here or at alpha@waze.com, specifically if you managed to complete the sign up process and search for a new address and scroll the map.

Thanks,
Dan.
dan12345
Send a message
Last edited by dan12345 on Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dan12345
Also - It would be helpful if everyone who had the memory issue could send logs ( This is an option from the main menu in Waze ) , and let us know at alpha@waze.com about it, attached with your Waze username.
Thanks,
Dan.
dan12345
Send a message

Post by dan12345
Knowning the changes inserted in 1.5.5.8 - I would very much doubt that this is the cause of your battery problems.

Dan
dan12345
Send a message

Post by dan12345
1.5.6.1 is the last version just released.
dan12345
Send a message

Post by dan12345
This is a known issue - And will be resolved in the near future.
dan12345
Send a message

Post by dan12345
Reporting speed cams is not yet supported on the blackberry version

Dan
dan12345
Send a message

Post by dan12345
Hi Kevin, to join the beta testers group, send an email to alpha@waze.com
asking to join the blackberry tester group.

Regarding zoom in/zoom out - This is done using In/Out keys
dan12345
Send a message

Post by dispatcher35
I loaded the program onto my 8350i with O/S 4.6 and ran it for a day or so. Here are my observations:

1) I can not find any documantation on the program. I have icons on the top of the screen that I know one means GPS is active and one shows the number of alerts but there are a couple up there that I have no clue what the mean.

2) Driving along on the interstate I came upon a large red box and also a large yellow box on my map. Again no idea what it means.

3) When using the route option, there is a box in the lower left corner showing something but the box is cut off so I have no idea what it is. Also the box seems to cover someting on the bottom of the screen that I think is the remaining distance and ETA.

4) The battery icon covers the number of alerts.

5) Would like to see an option to turn the volume up on the directions voice.

All in all tho a good program. I really like the night option, something my paid GPS program does not have.

Mike
BBM PIN= 402530fb
dispatcher35
Send a message
Mikey P.
BBM PIN = 402530fb

Post by dispatcher35
I had a chance to use it this weekend going from Framingham, MA to Bethleham, NY and have to say if I followed the directions I'd be somewhere on the MA Turnpike facing the wrong way.

1) The program directed me to take a left turn on a divided interstate.

2) While driving at 70 mph on I-90 all of a suddun the program showed me being on I-391.

3) When driving on the highway the program tells you to keep right or keep left when you are suppoed to exit. Can't the program tell you to "exit to the right" or "exit to the left" At one point the program told me to "keep right" but the map showed me that I was supposed to continue forward.
dispatcher35
Send a message
Mikey P.
BBM PIN = 402530fb