These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dispatcher35
scottwaters wrote:When I come to an intersection and make a turn off of a 55 MPH road if I have to sit at a light or stop sign and wait then the previous section of road that I was travelling gets reported with an extremely slow average speed. The last time I did this the section of road that I had just travelled (with NO traffic) was highlighted RED with an average speed of 7 MPH.

This is an incorrect report and could cause people to inadvertantly avoid the area.

It would be great if the developers could find a way to address this.

Thanks.

- Scott W.
I found the same thing happen if when I get to my destination I do not stop the client.

Mike
dispatcher35
Send a message
Mikey P.
BBM PIN = 402530fb

Post by dispatcher35
Been using it for a few days now and a couple of things I'd like to see:

1) Notification of an update to the Beta version with a change log available on line. (Last week when I loaded the application it was V 1.5.4, last night I saw it is now 1.5.5)

2) The ability to mark you current location as a favorite. (A lot of the places I go for work don't really have a street address to enter into the application)
dispatcher35
Send a message
Mikey P.
BBM PIN = 402530fb

Post by dispatcher35
This morning I upgraded to 1.5.7 on my 83501 and still have the same cosmetic issues:

1) Battery icon covers the number of alerts.

2) In navigation the next event window is cut off and not readable.

3) In navigation mode the next event window covers the ETA and miles left on the bottom.
dispatcher35
Send a message
Mikey P.
BBM PIN = 402530fb

Post by DJDerrickE
Lyndaw pretty much summed up all my concerns with the Blackberry beta. UI really needs some work, especially that exit screen. Maybe some support for piping the turn by turn directions through my Bluetooth?

Oh yes sometimes the app won't get a lock on my position and I need to exit and restart it before it does.
DJDerrickE
Send a message

Post by DJDerrickE
Any word when we might be getting a Blackberry update? Seems iPhone has been getting all the love lately. :(
DJDerrickE
Send a message

Post by DJDerrickE
I will check out the testing group! Thanks for the heads up.

BTW, found the application form here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... bkFKX2c6MQ
DJDerrickE
Send a message

Post by drdreinboca
I just installed Waze for my BB 8330 on Sprint. I signed in, drove my first route and nothing was recorded when I logged on to view my dashboard...? I am doing something wrong?
drdreinboca
Send a message

Post by dtanderson
I am stuck in a loop. I am getting "Application Permissions - The application waze is attempting to reset the security timer." with allow/deny. No matter which option that I select, the permission box keeps popping up. I have the BB Tour 9630.

I selected "Don't ask again" and it still kept popping up. I did this several (maybe 6 times or more) and it finally went through. During the registration process, I needed to type a special symbol (ie: . @) but when I hit the "sym" button on my keyboard to pop up the symbol menu, it put a character in the box instead. I was able to use the "alt" key to get the symbols put in.
dtanderson
Send a message
Last edited by dtanderson on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dtanderson
rcrt wrote:I have been unsuccessful thus far to turn on my GPS. My BB 9630's GPS is on, and I have found no options that make it turn on.
Waze is unable to access my GPS also, Google Maps has no problem accessing it and finding my location. I also have the BB Tour 9630.
dtanderson
Send a message

Post by easy1213
unwallflower wrote:With this latest update, I am receiving an error that says "Seems we're unable to display dynamic graphic elements on the map due to low storage memory on this phone." I have a lot of free memory (at least for a blackberry user... you have to remember that blackberries are made without very much internal memory), so I'm baffled as to why I would be receiving this error.
I'm getting the exact same thing
I have a Tour on Verizon
Please help soon!
easy1213
Send a message