Gas prices maps beyond what's near me?

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Gas prices maps beyond what's near me?

Postby jwkilgore » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

When I'm wrong I admit it, and I'm wrong here. I apologize for attempting to pass along false information.

Hitting the "Report" button only shows gas stations within a few blocks, and it looks like this is only to be used for reporting prices (duh). Hitting the "Menu" button shows a list of stations within several miles. From my current location (inside a building, so the location of the nearest cell tower) I see stations at least 2.7 miles away.
jwkilgore

Postby kwhistle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:31 pm

jwkilgore wrote: From my current location (inside a building, so the location of the nearest cell tower) I see stations at least 2.7 miles away.

That's exactly what I saw. I wish there was a way to change the settings for unlimited display, not just within 2.7 miles (= 5km ???).
kwhistle

Postby Instigater » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am

porubcan wrote:Exactly. The radius is like 2 miles around current position. That should be enough in given scenario.

It is not enought in Latvia. We live 30km away from nearest 5 nearest Gas stations. It would be nice to see closest 20 Gas station around current location. Right now I have just "Cannot find Gas stations around". :( This way I don't know to witch city I have to drive.
Instigater
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ispyisail » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

I have the same complaint.

Foursquare also has the same problem with searchs for places on waze.
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Previous

Return to Waze App