Gas prices maps beyond what's near me?

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Gas prices maps beyond what's near me?

Postby jwkilgore » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

When I'm wrong I admit it, and I'm wrong here. I apologize for attempting to pass along false information.

Hitting the "Report" button only shows gas stations within a few blocks, and it looks like this is only to be used for reporting prices (duh). Hitting the "Menu" button shows a list of stations within several miles. From my current location (inside a building, so the location of the nearest cell tower) I see stations at least 2.7 miles away.
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee
jwkilgore

Postby kwhistle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:31 pm

jwkilgore wrote: From my current location (inside a building, so the location of the nearest cell tower) I see stations at least 2.7 miles away.

That's exactly what I saw. I wish there was a way to change the settings for unlimited display, not just within 2.7 miles (= 5km ???).
kwhistle

Postby Instigater » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am

porubcan wrote:Exactly. The radius is like 2 miles around current position. That should be enough in given scenario.

It is not enought in Latvia. We live 30km away from nearest 5 nearest Gas stations. It would be nice to see closest 20 Gas station around current location. Right now I have just "Cannot find Gas stations around". :( This way I don't know to witch city I have to drive.
Community Coordinator: Latvia
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green! Improve map of your country and show us the progress!
Instigater
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ispyisail » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

I have the same complaint.

Foursquare also has the same problem with searchs for places on waze.
New Zealand and Papua New Guinea Country Manager
ImageImageImage
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Previous

Return to Waze App