As a Wazer and Geocacher, I felt the need for some kind of integration between the two, so I could pick up a cache and tell Waze to go there.
What I got so far works on iOS and with the official Geocaching client, but I'm willing to help other cases.
- open safari and open any webpage
- add the page as a bookmark, call it something ("Waze"?). At this point one can't change the location.
- open the bookmarks list, edit the bookmark, and change the location to the following text:
- Code: Select all
Then what I do is the following:
- on the Geocaching client, pick the cache I want to drive to, and click on the "open on external map", which will open Safari and maps.google.com
- click on safari bookmarks and the waze bookmark
- an alert will show the "lat,lon", just in case, to ensure the value was parsed correctly (waze crashes if this value is incorrect btw)
- waze will open with a marker at the cache's coordinate. click on the marker and drive there. Or manually pick a road nearby in case it's a cache with no access by car
Feedback is welcomed.