iPhone 3.5.2 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iPhone 3.5.2 official feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 am

On my afternoon commute, despite having lots of Reports in the menu, and having the radius set to my usual 5 miles, I received no popups when stopped. Ever.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:36 pm

kpouer wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my afternoon commute, despite having lots of Reports in the menu, and having the radius set to my usual 5 miles, I received no popups when stopped. Ever.

There is a new option (or at list I never noticed it before) to see only reports on your route, maybe the traffic was on other roads ?

As I wrote, I was not using the On Route event radius. I have tried it on 5 and 25 miles, and with that option, I should get dozens to hundreds of reports popping up when stopped.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 pm

BUG: 500ft turn notification happens at 1000ft (reported multiple times in beta testing)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Functionality issue: The PM notification popup contains too little space to read, so one must use the Inbox to read the whole message. However, once you read the entire message, there's no way to reply. The PM functionality in Waze is severely lacking. I do not think it should have been released (months ago) until the functionality was actually there. As it is, it is only marginally useful.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 pm

BUG: Gas station search on the Main Menu shows a $ symbol, which is improper for all non-$$ countries in the world, which is most of them. Please use the same icon that is used in the Report menu. (Previously reported in beta testing.)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 am

MiltH wrote:Approaching the following permalinked right turn lane, I was instructed to "exit" rather than "keep right" or "turn right". I did edit it today (after the drive) to force a 'turn' rather than 'keep right' instruction (by simply increasing the angle at the entrance to the turn), but I saw nothing about it that would induce an 'exit' instruction. I assumed those only ever generated from 'ramp' road types.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=62661982

As mentioned in several other threads, any road type will say Exit when the parent is freeway or highway. It has been like this for a very long time.

Those at-grade connectors at the intersection are improperly typed. Should all be the same as the parent segment or at least the lower type of the two roads it connects. And all of the primary right turns are still enabled, which is wrong. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/At-G ... or_routing
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby chrischampion1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Moving favorites to a separate screen and putting "recents searches" is a real show-stopper for me. Why not show favorites on the main screen. I haven't figured out how to put more than "Home" and "Work" on the top of the "swipe to navigate" screen, but I drive to three places:

Home
Work
School

EVERY weekday. The first two show up on the Navigate screen - meanwhile, somewhere I went two months ago shows up after "Work" and "School" - a favorite - isn't shown unless I press "favorites".

It's just a dumb design that needs to be fixed. I suggest having favorites come up first, and putting a "Recent" button in the bottom middle of the interface.

Chris Champion
Computer Science Teacher
Mechanicsburg, PA
chrischampion1

Postby chrischampion1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 pm

davipt wrote:It's one of those things that first feels weird, but then one gets used and thinks it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure what you mean. For instance: on my Garmin, there is a "find" button that lets me choose "favorites" and "recently found". I estimate 2 out of 100 times I look at "recently found" (what is essentially on the Navigation screen in Waze. The other 98 times I choose something from favorites. If I travel to something more than once or twice, I favorite it.

The reason I like the Waze Navigation screen is because I often start off as I'm rolling down the street or parking lot. A swipe right, choose location and I'm done is all that's required. By moving the favorites to a third and fourth step doubles the time it takes me to select that location.

Meanwhile places I've searched for just to get turn-by-turn directions to (the nearest Staples) and haven't been back to since take precedence over my favorites. dumb.
chrischampion1

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:06 pm

chrischampion1 wrote:Moving favorites to a separate screen and putting "recents searches" is a real show-stopper for me. Why not show favorites on the main screen.

It's one of those things that first feels weird, but then one gets used and thinks it makes a lot of sense.

Maybe a compromise would be to have more than two fixed points (home/work), but allow more to appear on the first screen? some kind of "pin favorite" flag?
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:BUG: 500ft turn notification happens at 1000ft (reported multiple times in beta testing)

I have a feeling that every notification is happening before. I'm getting "turn right here at bla" around hundred or fifty meters before the real point, compared with some days/weeks ago. I haven't paid attention exactly when it started (on which beta), or if it's related to the client or just bad weather and GPS signal, but I think there is a setting on the preferences file that specifies the distance before the notification is stated, and it may have happened that it was changed from the server side and is not related to the codebase and the client. I hope.

PS: I may be wrong and confusing with the Alerts distance "Alerts.Alert Distance: 600" :( I'll pay attention later when going home about the exact time the notifications are happening.

PS2: it's not just the "turn right here", it's also the "in one km" and "in 400m" and etc. that feels like happening before.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Next

Return to Waze App