Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iPhone 3.5.2 official feedback thread

Post by
Waze wrote:New version available in the app store:

- New share my drive and share location interface
- Pick up from navigate screen
- Gas search in main menu
- Recent places shown in main navigate screen
- Preloads route when connected to WiFi
- New call and "beep" features for Facebook friends
- New alerts show friends online, who's connected, and new friend driving to your destination
- Bugs, stability and design fixes

Hi,
sorry I didn't find the official thread for 3.5.2 bug reports but I found one bug:

In favorites I removed one of them, but after that when I want to see a favorite it shows me not the one I choosed but the next one:

I have favorites

A
B
C

Removed A

Now I if I select B, it is the C that is choosen.
I have to quit the menu and reopen it to fix that.

POSTER_ID:233691

Send a message
Last edited by robin1979 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added the release notes (thanks to Robin1979).

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
On my afternoon commute, despite having lots of Reports in the menu, and having the radius set to my usual 5 miles, I received no popups when stopped. Ever.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kpouer wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my afternoon commute, despite having lots of Reports in the menu, and having the radius set to my usual 5 miles, I received no popups when stopped. Ever.
There is a new option (or at list I never noticed it before) to see only reports on your route, maybe the traffic was on other roads ?
As I wrote, I was not using the On Route event radius. I have tried it on 5 and 25 miles, and with that option, I should get dozens to hundreds of reports popping up when stopped.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: 500ft turn notification happens at 1000ft (reported multiple times in beta testing)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Functionality issue: The PM notification popup contains too little space to read, so one must use the Inbox to read the whole message. However, once you read the entire message, there's no way to reply. The PM functionality in Waze is severely lacking. I do not think it should have been released (months ago) until the functionality was actually there. As it is, it is only marginally useful.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: Gas station search on the Main Menu shows a $ symbol, which is improper for all non-$$ countries in the world, which is most of them. Please use the same icon that is used in the Report menu. (Previously reported in beta testing.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
MiltH wrote:Approaching the following permalinked right turn lane, I was instructed to "exit" rather than "keep right" or "turn right". I did edit it today (after the drive) to force a 'turn' rather than 'keep right' instruction (by simply increasing the angle at the entrance to the turn), but I saw nothing about it that would induce an 'exit' instruction. I assumed those only ever generated from 'ramp' road types.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=62661982
As mentioned in several other threads, any road type will say Exit when the parent is freeway or highway. It has been like this for a very long time.

Those at-grade connectors at the intersection are improperly typed. Should all be the same as the parent segment or at least the lower type of the two roads it connects. And all of the primary right turns are still enabled, which is wrong. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/At-G ... or_routing
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by chrischampion1
Moving favorites to a separate screen and putting "recents searches" is a real show-stopper for me. Why not show favorites on the main screen. I haven't figured out how to put more than "Home" and "Work" on the top of the "swipe to navigate" screen, but I drive to three places:

Home
Work
School

EVERY weekday. The first two show up on the Navigate screen - meanwhile, somewhere I went two months ago shows up after "Work" and "School" - a favorite - isn't shown unless I press "favorites".

It's just a dumb design that needs to be fixed. I suggest having favorites come up first, and putting a "Recent" button in the bottom middle of the interface.

Chris Champion
Computer Science Teacher
Mechanicsburg, PA
chrischampion1
Send a message

Post by chrischampion1
davipt wrote:It's one of those things that first feels weird, but then one gets used and thinks it makes a lot of sense.
I'm not sure what you mean. For instance: on my Garmin, there is a "find" button that lets me choose "favorites" and "recently found". I estimate 2 out of 100 times I look at "recently found" (what is essentially on the Navigation screen in Waze. The other 98 times I choose something from favorites. If I travel to something more than once or twice, I favorite it.

The reason I like the Waze Navigation screen is because I often start off as I'm rolling down the street or parking lot. A swipe right, choose location and I'm done is all that's required. By moving the favorites to a third and fourth step doubles the time it takes me to select that location.

Meanwhile places I've searched for just to get turn-by-turn directions to (the nearest Staples) and haven't been back to since take precedence over my favorites. dumb.
chrischampion1
Send a message

Post by fabryx73
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
kpouer wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my afternoon commute, despite having lots of Reports in the menu, and having the radius set to my usual 5 miles, I received no popups when stopped. Ever.
There is a new option (or at list I never noticed it before) to see only reports on your route, maybe the traffic was on other roads ?
As I wrote, I was not using the On Route event radius. I have tried it on 5 and 25 miles, and with that option, I should get dozens to hundreds of reports popping up when stopped.
The same behaviour happens also to me: from 3.5.2 update, no reports are shown on the display when I'm stopped during a trip. Before the update, popup was shown correctly coherently with the event distance setup.
It seem the same also increasing the radius of event notifications.
Any help / hint?
Bye
fabryx73
Send a message

Post by fabryx73
From 3.5 update, the localization seem to be less precise: when I stop my car near a crossing, the speed keep more time to fall to "0" and the time spent to do this, take my car position too ahead than the correct position. When The speed become "0" on the display, the GPS become aware of the positioning error, but istead of correcting the position on the map, it assume that the car is doing an "u" turn and place my car on the opposite lane of the street in the opposite direction :( .
Of course, as soon as I start moving again, the correct position and direction is resumed :?
I never notice this kind of error with previous versions and other nav applications performs well.
I have an iPhone 4s 6.0.1

THX
Bye
fabryx73
Send a message