iPhone 3.5.2 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iPhone 3.5.2 official feedback thread

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 am

jasonh300 wrote:
robin1979 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:When Waze has been closed using the "Switch Off" function, it consumes about 4% battery per hour. I tested this by double-clicking the home button and killing every other app.

After shutting down Waze using the double-click, battery consumption was less than 1% per hour.

There is no difference in 'Switch off' or killing it from the task bar. Both functions issue use the same system API to shut down the Waze process. The difference in battery use comes from something else, definitely not from Waze, because with both methods there are no longer any Waze processes running.

Well, today, when I arrived at work at 9:00, before unplugging the phone from the charger, I shut down Waze and manually killed every process in the taskbar...battery at 100%. At 1:00 pm, I checked and the battery was at 98%. At this point, I opened Waze and then closed it using the Switch Off function. At 5:00 pm, I checked and battery was at 80%.

All day long, I didn't use the phone, run any apps, receive or send any calls or texts or take the phone out of the sleep mode other than what I described here.

The logical conclusion is that Waze is draining the battery.

As an iPhone developer, I got curious about this and had a look at my device and on one hand I can assure you that the Waze process is really gone in both cases, but on the other hand unfortunately on my device it wasn't 100% clear if the iOS' location daemon consumes the same after closing waze each way as I have too many applications consuming from the location services.
So there could be a bug somewhere on Waze or iOS that would keeps the location service consuming more when killing waze via menu, but I quite doubt it. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't checked the latest location API's and obviously I don't know exactly what Waze is doing with them, but only know what my own app does and what happens with it.

Besides you need to test it with the same environment conditions. Charge it to 100%. kill all apps and wait some hours. check the battery. then charge it again and open/close waze, wait the same hours and compare the battery.
Draining first 2% then 20% is kind of expected. It's like the gas tanks on the cars, they have 110 to 120% to give you the impression that when the tank is full it takes ages before it the pointer starts dropping to 99%, but then it goes down to 50% and 25% way too fast for my €€€ :(
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby fabryx73 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:29 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
kpouer wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my afternoon commute, despite having lots of Reports in the menu, and having the radius set to my usual 5 miles, I received no popups when stopped. Ever.

There is a new option (or at list I never noticed it before) to see only reports on your route, maybe the traffic was on other roads ?

As I wrote, I was not using the On Route event radius. I have tried it on 5 and 25 miles, and with that option, I should get dozens to hundreds of reports popping up when stopped.

The same behaviour happens also to me: from 3.5.2 update, no reports are shown on the display when I'm stopped during a trip. Before the update, popup was shown correctly coherently with the event distance setup.
It seem the same also increasing the radius of event notifications.
Any help / hint?
Bye
fabryx73

Postby fabryx73 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:35 pm

From 3.5 update, the localization seem to be less precise: when I stop my car near a crossing, the speed keep more time to fall to "0" and the time spent to do this, take my car position too ahead than the correct position. When The speed become "0" on the display, the GPS become aware of the positioning error, but istead of correcting the position on the map, it assume that the car is doing an "u" turn and place my car on the opposite lane of the street in the opposite direction :( .
Of course, as soon as I start moving again, the correct position and direction is resumed :?
I never notice this kind of error with previous versions and other nav applications performs well.
I have an iPhone 4s 6.0.1

THX
Bye
fabryx73

Re: iPhone waze version 3.5.2 bug in favorites

Postby gerben » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Stickied, and added the release notes to the first post.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gerben » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

The recently used favorites also will appear in this list, mixed with the search results.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

iPhone waze version 3.5.2 Facebook problem

Postby jakudo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 am

Hi,
I've just updated the waze client on my iPhone 4 (latest iOS) and the waze can't connect correctly to Facebook. It's still showing me the "Still adding friends" and It doesn't show any of them. Also it sometimes ask to connect to facebook again. Any idea? I've already tried to delete and install waze again, however, didn't help...

EDIT: From now, it shows that I have no Facebook friends to waze... It's nonsense, I have about 10 fb friends who use waze (and who appeared on my waze till today's update)
jakudo

Re: iPhone waze version 3.5.2 Facebook problem

Postby jakudo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 am

Tried that. It does nothing. When I click on "Disconnect" it does nothing. It just shows the spinning wheel for a second and than shows the same as before, that I'm connected to Facebook:-/

EDIT: here is what it does: http://youtu.be/oP6G5O6yvvE
EDIT 2: when I check my Waze scoreboard on web, it shows all my friends correctly.
jakudo

Re: iOS 3.5.2 official feedback thread

Postby jakudo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi,

I've created my thread before you created this one. Could you please move it here?
It was about problem with facebook connection/friends after updating.

jakudo

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am

When Waze has been closed using the "Switch Off" function, it consumes about 4% battery per hour. I tested this by double-clicking the home button and killing every other app.

After shutting down Waze using the double-click, battery consumption was less than 1% per hour.

(Don't confuse this with failure to "Switch Off" which consumes battery at more like 20-25% per hour.)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm

robin1979 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:When Waze has been closed using the "Switch Off" function, it consumes about 4% battery per hour. I tested this by double-clicking the home button and killing every other app.

There is no difference in 'Switch off' or killing it from the task bar. Both functions issue use the same system API to shut down the Waze process. The difference in battery use comes from something else, definitely not from Waze, because with both methods there are no longer any Waze processes running.

Well, today, when I arrived at work at 9:00, before unplugging the phone from the charger, I shut down Waze and manually killed every process in the taskbar...battery at 100%. At 1:00 pm, I checked and the battery was at 98%. At this point, I opened Waze and then closed it using the Switch Off function. At 5:00 pm, I checked and battery was at 80%.

All day long, I didn't use the phone, run any apps, receive or send any calls or texts or take the phone out of the sleep mode other than what I described here.

The logical conclusion is that Waze is draining the battery.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App