Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kpouer
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my afternoon commute, despite having lots of Reports in the menu, and having the radius set to my usual 5 miles, I received no popups when stopped. Ever.
There is a new option (or at list I never noticed it before) to see only reports on your route, maybe the traffic was on other roads ?
kpouer
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Area manager entre Paris et l'Auvergne
Coordinateur France
Country Manager Algérie http://www.facebook.com/WazeAlgerie & twitter: http://twitter.com/WazeAlgerie
Country Manager west Africa

Post by lakeyboy
Also reporting the 'no road report pop ups' bug. I usually have my radius set to 25km and I am getting no report pop ups at all on 3.5.2. Changed it to 50km radius and it made no difference. On the main menu at the time it said there was over 30 reports in the area.
lakeyboy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 322,000+ | Distance travelled: 134,050km+ | Reports made: 3660+
Join in more Australian Waze discussion on Discord!: https://discordapp.com/channels/446249570423406605

Post by loadbang
This was a bug in 3.5.1 too. I showed Waze to my mum on her iPad Mini, logged in to Waze and it started using her Facebook account. This then transferred to my phone. So I logged out of the iPad, disconnecting Facebook first, then tried the same on my iPhone, it simply wont disconnect from FB. I'm driving around with it linking to her profile with her FB photo.

So now I also have her friends on my Waze account and none of mine. This may also be a privacy and security issue, because you can private message her friends via he app, even though my phone has never logged in to her FB account.
loadbang
Send a message

Post by MikeMcCollister
I just installed Waze and created an account. I setup three favorites, which it found just fine. However, when I try to navigate to a favorite, I get the following error:

Search requires internet connection. Please make sure you are connected.

I am running on an iPhone 4s with iOS 5.0.1.

Regards,

Mike
MikeMcCollister
Send a message

Post by MiltH
Well, never mind then.
MiltH
Send a message
Last edited by MiltH on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by npv1459
Thank you Robin for you advice in the beta forum
Somenthing was strange for me..
I don't have the update notification in my app store(the italian too)for this new version.
It's normal? My previous version,as you know, is the last beta.
Obviously, if i search waze in the app store i find the new version.
Regards
npv1459
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Functionality issue: The PM notification popup contains too little space to read, so one must use the Inbox to read the whole message. However, once you read the entire message, there's no way to reply. The PM functionality in Waze is severely lacking. I do not think it should have been released (months ago) until the functionality was actually there. As it is, it is only marginally useful.
We agree with you and now days working on improving the PM/Inbox functionality.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:BUG: 500ft turn notification happens at 1000ft (reported multiple times in beta testing)
Please send me (debug) logs that contains an example.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
kpouer wrote:In favorites I removed one of them, but after that when I want to see a favorite it shows me not the one I choosed but the next one:
I have favorites

A
B
C

Removed A
Now I if I select B, it is the C that is choosen.
I have to quit the menu and reopen it to fix that.
Failed to reproduce. Did anyone else encounter this?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Trakr wrote:Having the Gas Icon is nice on the front page but, the distance it shows stations is worthless. The distance is only about 2.5 miles. I can take 2 different routes going to a destination with the gas prices varying by as much as 10 cents/gallon between the routes. Now I can't even see those stations as they are 5 miles or more away and the destination being about 25 miles away. I would like to know which route to take to get the cheapest gas but can't without loading a route and then selecting that route, looking at the prices, then selecting all routes and selecting the other route and then looking at the prices.
It is nice that it does show stations for a complete route of at least 100 miles (tested) so why can't it show stations around my current location with a larger radius??
Actually the radius of the search is 10km (about 6 miles) when not in navigation mode.
perlin
Send a message