iPhone 3.5.2 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iPhone 3.5.2 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:18 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:BUG: 500ft turn notification happens at 1000ft (reported multiple times in beta testing)

Please send me (debug) logs that contains an example.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 pm

kpouer wrote:In favorites I removed one of them, but after that when I want to see a favorite it shows me not the one I choosed but the next one:
I have favorites

A
B
C

Removed A
Now I if I select B, it is the C that is choosen.
I have to quit the menu and reopen it to fix that.

Failed to reproduce. Did anyone else encounter this?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Trakr wrote:Having the Gas Icon is nice on the front page but, the distance it shows stations is worthless. The distance is only about 2.5 miles. I can take 2 different routes going to a destination with the gas prices varying by as much as 10 cents/gallon between the routes. Now I can't even see those stations as they are 5 miles or more away and the destination being about 25 miles away. I would like to know which route to take to get the cheapest gas but can't without loading a route and then selecting that route, looking at the prices, then selecting all routes and selecting the other route and then looking at the prices.
It is nice that it does show stations for a complete route of at least 100 miles (tested) so why can't it show stations around my current location with a larger radius??

Actually the radius of the search is 10km (about 6 miles) when not in navigation mode.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

iOS 3.5.2 official feedback thread

Postby robin1979 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 pm

New version available in the app store:

- New share my drive and share location interface
- Pick up from navigate screen
- Gas search in main menu
- Recent places shown in main navigate screen
- Preloads route when connected to WiFi
- New call and "beep" features for Facebook friends
- New alerts show friends online, who's connected, and new friend driving to your destination
- Bugs, stability and design fixes
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:BUG: Gas station search on the Main Menu shows a $ symbol, which is improper for all non-$$ countries in the world, which is most of them. Please use the same icon that is used in the Report menu. (Previously reported in beta testing.)

Well, besides the sign for the dollar, the symbol is used worldwide for a symbol of capitalism, money, greed, Americanisation etc... I don't think it's out of place at all.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 am

jasonh300 wrote:When Waze has been closed using the "Switch Off" function, it consumes about 4% battery per hour. I tested this by double-clicking the home button and killing every other app.

After shutting down Waze using the double-click, battery consumption was less than 1% per hour.

There is no difference in 'Switch off' or killing it from the task bar. Both functions issue use the same system API to shut down the Waze process. The difference in battery use comes from something else, definitely not from Waze, because with both methods there are no longer any Waze processes running.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS 3.5.2 official feedback thread

Postby sillyblue9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:22 am

MikeMcCollister wrote:I just installed Waze and created an account. I setup three favorites, which it found just fine. However, when I try to navigate to a favorite, I get the following error:

Search requires internet connection. Please make sure you are connected.

I have been getting the same error since the 3.5 update. I was working with perlin on the issues and sent some logs. I was hoping the 3.5.2 update would fix this issue.

@perlin, do you have any updates on this error?

Thanks!!
sillyblue9

Re: iPhone waze version 3.5.2 Facebook problem

Postby simonhowes » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

This was a bug in 3.5.1 too. I showed Waze to my mum on her iPad Mini, logged in to Waze and it started using her Facebook account. This then transferred to my phone. So I logged out of the iPad, disconnecting Facebook first, then tried the same on my iPhone, it simply wont disconnect from FB. I'm driving around with it linking to her profile with her FB photo.

So now I also have her friends on my Waze account and none of mine. This may also be a privacy and security issue, because you can private message her friends via he app, even though my phone has never logged in to her FB account.
AM for West Midlands (UK)
http://audioguy.co.uk/
simonhowes

Re: iPhone waze version 3.5.2 Facebook problem

Postby sven-gross » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am

I cannot connect on Dashboard. Dashboard always show "Not connected", but in Waze-Client I can connect. If I click connect Dashboard ask for username and password, then show "Not connected" again.

Version 3.5.2 still show "still adding friends"
sven-gross

Postby sven-gross » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:51 am

Pick_Up-/ShareRoute-Function don´t reconnect. If you drive in a tunnel, the connection ist lost and will not be reconnected, do the other person see the "Cancelled-Screen" the rest of my route.
Is there any possibility to automaticly reconnect?

An other thing is that sometimes I see the red text "Connection lost"(or something like that), but the other smartphone still see my shared route and the phone still shows reception. If route share still work I still have receiption,haven`t I? So why I have that text?
sven-gross

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App