iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby OldGnome » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:34 pm

perlin wrote:We are aware of the problems with contact searching and working on fixing them. So far we've detected that waze doesn't return contact results on iOS that's lower than 6 and returns results partially on iOS 6.0.1 and up. If you have information that confirms or contradicts this, please share.

I can confirm that on an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.1, I get some returns on some searches.
OldGnome

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 pm

OldGnome wrote:I can confirm that on an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.1, I get some returns on some searches.

I can get some results on 6.0.1, but sometimes, those search results have no match to the name being searched for.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:33 pm

perlin wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:BUG: 500ft turn notification happens at 1000ft (reported multiple times in beta testing)

Please send me (debug) logs that contains an example.

Not sure why logs are required. This is reproducable 100% of the time and I explained in detail already that Waze gives the "500ft" notification as soon as the distance to the turn goes from .2 to .1 miles. The problem is not enough significant digits or rounding, because the announcement is made at .19 miles, which is 1000ft feet, not 500ft.

In any case logs uploaded at 4:30PM GMT on 2013-01-29. I noted it specifically at (local times) on 2013-01-28 at 5:59PM, 6:05PM, 6:30PM, 6:31PM. However, as noted, it happens without fail, every single time a .1 miles notification comes up at the .19 mile mark.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:39 pm

This morning I was on my way to work, following one of the normal routes. When stopped at a stop light, I received an "Oh, snap!" message without any interaction with the phone.

ohsnap_why.jpg
ohsnap_why.jpg (53.32 KiB) Viewed 1553 times

Problems here:
1. This is a very large popup
2. Despite being an oversized popup and on an iPhone 5, the text still doesn't fit on the screen due to overuse of whitespace and graphics and buttons too large. (How many years do we need to keep harping on about poor use of screen space?)
3. I don't understand "Info" and "Go there" because there's no indication what this popup is about. Why would I "Go there"?

This looks to be from a popup advertisement which failed to get information. As we've mentioned dozens of times before, Waze needs significantly better error handling and needs to stop assuming that nothing will ever go wrong with other parts of the system. This is an example of a popup which should never have come up on the screen in the first place.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby seriousarsonist » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Had that wonderful network search problem again... Dropped... Came back but waze didn't like.

About 5ish (GMT) yesterday (29th), debug logs sent just know

Pip

NI area manager

Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken
Image Image Image
UK Champ and Area Manager for the North of the Island of Ireland Image Image

Comber WX: What the weather is like where I edit
seriousarsonist

Postby lakeyboy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 am

I noticed this error today. Traffic alerts generated by Waze (and not reported by the user) seem to be grabbing the wrong road name when Waze automatically reports. The first screen capture shows the traffic jam on Highbury Road, however it is reported as Cumming Street, which is a side street off Highbury Road. The second screen capture shows where Cumming Street is in relation to Highbury Road.

ImageImageImageImage
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 273,200+ | Distance travelled: 55,120km+ | Reports made: 1780+
Waze Australia Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WazeAustralia
lakeyboy
Australia Waze Champs
Australia Waze Champs

Postby perlin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:20 pm

lakeyboy wrote:I noticed this error today. Traffic alerts generated by Waze (and not reported by the user) seem to be grabbing the wrong road name when Waze automatically reports.

Can you find another examples?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby n_street » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 am

I have to agree with wlau. I like most of the recent enhancements except for the change with "Favorites" and "History". The "Favorites" are one click deeper, which doesn't sound like much, but general UI design tries to reduce the number of clicks to get to commonly used features. My "Favorites" by definition are commonly used.

Does WAZE research actually show that people pick addresses from history more often than they do from favorites?

With regards to "History", could there be a way to purge all history instead of having to go through them one by one?

Thanks!
n_street

Postby lakeyboy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:25 am

perlin wrote:
lakeyboy wrote:I noticed this error today. Traffic alerts generated by Waze (and not reported by the user) seem to be grabbing the wrong road name when Waze automatically reports.

Can you find another examples?

Was able to find another 2 examples of this behaviour:

Says "Catherine Av" when it should say "Stephensons Rd"

"Says "Elstone Ct" when it should say "Keilor Rd"

Looks to me like Waze gets the name from the intersecting side street of where the traffic jam begins instead of the road actually being travelled on.
ImageImageImageImage
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 273,200+ | Distance travelled: 55,120km+ | Reports made: 1780+
Waze Australia Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WazeAustralia
lakeyboy
Australia Waze Champs
Australia Waze Champs

Postby AggieJM » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 pm

2 issues I've noticed on 3.5.3 with iOS6.0.1

1) When driving and it finds a better route, it has the new ETA and old ETA values reversed. The status bar on the bottom of the screen shows the new ETA and the popup window shows the old ETA, with the tag that says 'new ETA'.

2) When choosing a destination, I can find the location and it picks a route. The window that displays with the mileage and ETA, along with the 'Go' button will freeze. The countdown timer on the 'Go' button doesn't move and it will show the spinning Waze icon in the center of the screen. I have to hit the home button to leave the app, then when I restart Waze it will crash, then I can restart again successfully.

Debug logs for both of these issues have been submitted.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
Waze 4.8.0.0 (Crown, AM)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App