iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby stipsy102 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 am

I use WAZE for more than 2 years now, and 3.5.3 causes me issues on my iPhone 4.
Most of the time I use it in my car, connected with USB to my radio system in order to have both music and navigation voice on my sound system.

I have noticed that with 3.5.3, WAZE has became very slow and screen buttons are not reactive when navigation is on : I click, then the icons box opens around 20 sec after.
=> very difficult to warn when traffic jam, accident, ...
=> to stop the application, it takes a long ... long time !!
=> boxes have a strange size since this upgrade
=> switching from landscape to portrait causes crazy movements for the screen button

Facebook connection is strange : I can see that I am connected, but neither my picture profile appears nor my friends !
I have disconnected, then connected again and the issue is still present.

I have noticed that WAZE lags more when my iPhone is connected to my radio, than when it is not.

I am a real fan of WAZE and contribute to promote it around me, so that's a pity for me not to be able to use it as I did it previously and to demonstrate it to convince others ;)

Fortunately, I had 3.5.1 in my trash, so I put it back in my iPhone and it really work better.
Then I am waiting for next update to come.
iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2
stipsy102
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby gerben » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:22 am

perlin wrote:
lakeyboy wrote:I noticed this error today. Traffic alerts generated by Waze (and not reported by the user) seem to be grabbing the wrong road name when Waze automatically reports.

Can you find another examples?


I have seen this happen on Android as well... Automatic traffic reports at this segments get named with the name of this road.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
 
Posts: 4779
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:42 pm
Location: Almelo
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby pierino84 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 pm

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1, and I'm noticing several weird behaviours with this Waze version:
1) Sometimes Waze won't speak at all, although the volume is on and there's nothing muted. I have to kill the app and restart it several times before it starts speaking again
2) When pressing the "share your route" button (I don't know the exact English translation), if my mobile is currently searching for network, waze freezes with the "please wait" alert, and the spinning wheel. It remains so even after the phone is connected to the 3G network. I have to manually kill the app and restart it, in order to clear the screen form the pop-up.
Rick
Waze on iOS 6
AM Roma Centro

Image
pierino84
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:19 pm

pierino84 wrote:2) When pressing the "share your route" button (I don't know the exact English translation), if my mobile is currently searching for network, waze freezes with the "please wait" alert, and the spinning wheel. It remains so even after the phone is connected to the 3G network. I have to manually kill the app and restart it, in order to clear the screen form the pop-up.

Confirmed this happens in the current iOS beta as well. I will submit this as a bug.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23479
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1084 times
Been thanked: 4606 times

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pierino84 wrote:2) When pressing the "share your route" button (I don't know the exact English translation), if my mobile is currently searching for network, waze freezes with the "please wait" alert, and the spinning wheel. It remains so even after the phone is connected to the 3G network. I have to manually kill the app and restart it, in order to clear the screen form the pop-up.

Confirmed this happens in the current iOS beta as well. I will submit this as a bug.

We are aware of this and it will be fixed.
Image
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby fabryx73 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 am

perlin wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pierino84 wrote:2) When pressing the "share your route" button (I don't know the exact English translation), if my mobile is currently searching for network, waze freezes with the "please wait" alert, and the spinning wheel. It remains so even after the phone is connected to the 3G network. I have to manually kill the app and restart it, in order to clear the screen form the pop-up.

Confirmed this happens in the current iOS beta as well. I will submit this as a bug.

We are aware of this and it will be fixed.

Are you also aware about the no report issue?
This issue made Waze less usable when driving into cities.
Please give us a feedback.
Bye
fabryx73
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 pm

fabryx73 wrote:Are you also aware about the no report issue?
This issue made Waze less usable when driving into cities.
Please give us a feedback.
Bye

If you could explain what exactly is the "no report issue", it would be great.
Image
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby acgggg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:58 am

We're currently checking this issue. I'll appreciate if you elaborate on the saying "can't search contact". What do you mean by that?


When I search for contacts it says "No results found". Does this every time.

Also, unrelated to searching: the report screen's blue numbers are really hard to read because the color is nearly the same shade of blue as the circle background. Since the last version, I've been clicking "all" for reports bc I can't tell which categories say 0 or 5 etc

In my last comment I brought up the east/west compass arrow mixup, has anyone else had this issue?

iPhone 4
iOS 5.1.1
acgggg
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:24 am
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:49 pm

acg521 wrote:In my last comment I brought up the east/west compass arrow mixup, has anyone else had this issue?

It's not a compass-heading indicator. It indicates which direction is North.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23479
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1084 times
Been thanked: 4606 times

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby fabryx73 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:18 pm

perlin wrote:
fabryx73 wrote:Are you also aware about the no report issue?
This issue made Waze less usable when driving into cities.
Please give us a feedback.
Bye

If you could explain what exactly is the "no report issue", it would be great.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
It would be great if you read the "No report popup" thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38052 where me and other users described the problem weeks ago... ;)

Anyway... from many weeks (at least on the last two releases of Waze for iPhone) the popup reports when stopped are never more shown on screen.
The popups doesnt work even if:
- increase range of reporting
- following a guided route (with navigation) with report on the route ahead
- staying stopped for minutes
- triing to force the report with comments or photos (someone states that only this way the report has to be shown)
- triing to reinstall the app, restore and backup or restore as new the iPhone
- triing to modify the parameters in the config file increasing the minimum speed for popups

Only group report (useless) and marketing popups are shown.
Can you help me and the dozens of users are reporting this issue?
THX ;)
BYE
fabryx73
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]