Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Post by robin1979
What's New in Version 3.5.3

- Translation & bug fixes

New in 3.5.2
- New share my drive and share location interface
- Pick up from navigate screen
- Gas search in main menu
- Recent places shown in main navigate screen
- Preloads route when connected to WiFi
- New call and "beep" features for Facebook friends
- New alerts show friends online, who's connected, and new friend driving to your destination
- Bugs, stability and design fixes
robin1979

POSTER_ID:8677

Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by seriousarsonist
So... Major issues today, first off, about 1ish (GMT) waze couldn't get a network, everything else was fine including twitter and iMessage.

Next up, about 20.45 (GMT) navigating home I was nearly home and waze asked if I was going home 3 times. Not sure what gives there. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/5y3enagu.jpg

Also got told I couldn't do petrol prices as I am a baby, don't think so...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/qu3ybebu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/8a7u8y9y.jpg

Also, getting bugger all pop ups for things Enroute, 5km, 10km around etc, really not good, the previous beta was far far more stable and worked much better.

Apart from that it still works fine.

Pip

Logs sent 00.23 (GMT)

NI area manager

Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Upgrading to 3.5.3 didn't work for me, had to remove waze, reset my phone and re-install it. This caused me to lose all my settings, rather annoying.

NI area manager

Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by Ruby799
Icon palettes don't resize properly on iPhone4

Both the Main and Reports icon palettes are to resizing properly on my iPhone4.

This is especially noticeable in landscape orientation when some of the icons are only partially shown even though there's plenty of room for the icon palette to be larger.

Very consistent. Just hold the iPhone4 in landscape orientation and tap the main menu icon in the lower left. When the icon palette displays notice the two icons on the right are cut off. Turn the iPhone to portrait orientation and notice that the bottom two icons are cut off.
Ruby799
Send a message

Post by renehasp
I would love to see an auto share feature based on my (User) criteria.

As soon as I start a drive to work through Waze it automatically sends my Boss an email and a text with the estimated time of arrival and a link to follow me live.

or

As soon as I start a drive to Home through Waze it automatically sends my Wife an email and a text with the estimated time of arrival and a link to follow me live.

The above feature would be great.
I imagine it would live in...
Navigate- Work- More- Auto Share- Set automatic Share By email or phone.
renehasp
Send a message

Post by pierino84
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1, and I'm noticing several weird behaviours with this Waze version:
1) Sometimes Waze won't speak at all, although the volume is on and there's nothing muted. I have to kill the app and restart it several times before it starts speaking again
2) When pressing the "share your route" button (I don't know the exact English translation), if my mobile is currently searching for network, waze freezes with the "please wait" alert, and the spinning wheel. It remains so even after the phone is connected to the 3G network. I have to manually kill the app and restart it, in order to clear the screen form the pop-up.
pierino84
Send a message

Post by perlin
fabryx73 wrote:Anyway... from many weeks (at least on the last two releases of Waze for iPhone) the popup reports when stopped are never more shown on screen.

Only group report (useless) and marketing popups are shown.
Can you help me and the dozens of users are reporting this issue?
We've set up a new zero-speed popups mechanism, that displays up to 4 alert popups at stand-still, in relation to your location near events. If you select to see events on your route only, the popups will be displayed up to 100 km on your route. If you select otherwise (and it doesn't matter which radius you'll choose), they will be displayed up to 5 or 10 km. If you're not near any event, nothing will be displayed when standing still. (you're now probably asking "then why do you still have the old radius selecting if you ignore it". The answer is- we'll change that).
In addition to the alerts, we also display a zero-speed ad and "friends online" popup. Each one of them has a different criteria for display, that depends on the user (if he has friends that are now online, if he's around a location that contains ads, etc.).
It's possible to have a whole drive without getting a single popup. But if you suspect that you should have been getting some (if you know that there are events near you, an ad or friends online) and you didn't- please mention the time of the drive/standstill.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
fabryx73 wrote:Are you also aware about the no report issue?
This issue made Waze less usable when driving into cities.
Please give us a feedback.
Bye
If you could explain what exactly is the "no report issue", it would be great.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pierino84 wrote:2) When pressing the "share your route" button (I don't know the exact English translation), if my mobile is currently searching for network, waze freezes with the "please wait" alert, and the spinning wheel. It remains so even after the phone is connected to the 3G network. I have to manually kill the app and restart it, in order to clear the screen form the pop-up.
Confirmed this happens in the current iOS beta as well. I will submit this as a bug.
We are aware of this and it will be fixed.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
lakeyboy wrote:I noticed this error today. Traffic alerts generated by Waze (and not reported by the user) seem to be grabbing the wrong road name when Waze automatically reports.
Can you find another examples?
perlin
Send a message