Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by n_street
I have to agree with wlau. I like most of the recent enhancements except for the change with "Favorites" and "History". The "Favorites" are one click deeper, which doesn't sound like much, but general UI design tries to reduce the number of clicks to get to commonly used features. My "Favorites" by definition are commonly used.

Does WAZE research actually show that people pick addresses from history more often than they do from favorites?

With regards to "History", could there be a way to purge all history instead of having to go through them one by one?

Thanks!
n_street
Send a message

Post by no1ne
why the hell did they set the buttons on one line only, to make it barely un-understandable?
(not enough place on the screen i guess :mrgreen: )
report.jpg
(25.61 KiB) Downloaded 1956 times
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by no1ne
To visit a contact on waze 355 with an iPad1/iOs511
Tap navigate menu icon (or right slide from main screen)
then type name contact ( first , last or both ; tried each)
And hit search button

And waze never return any of my contact ( all set with valid address)

On an iPhone 4 /ios601 I always get the searched contact

---- Look silly that's iOs fault
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by no1ne
Welçome at Georges Orwell's inn ...
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Post by nqjoe
Hi,
Previously I reported issue with older waze version on my phone - see this thread - http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 40#p333766

I did a clean install after that and it worked perfectly - the only difference I made was instead of actively using it, I either left waze ran in background or ran it with 2D view and lower screen brightness. It never crashed since. I would just go in to activate navigation then either go back to my home screen or shut the screen off.

After the latest update, everything works as usual until today when I attempted to change from 2D view to 3D view - it crashed right away and rebooted my phone.

I don't know technical stuffs about this issue but I know that if I want waze to work for me, I have to do these steps:
1. Lower my screen brightness down (never max!)
2. Start waze
3. Change to 2D view
4. Set the course/navigation
5. Pray it won't crash

If you have same issue of your phone keeps rebooting, you may try my solution - see if it works for you too.

Happy waze-ing!
nqjoe
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
perlin wrote:We are aware of the problems with contact searching and working on fixing them. So far we've detected that waze doesn't return contact results on iOS that's lower than 6 and returns results partially on iOS 6.0.1 and up. If you have information that confirms or contradicts this, please share.
I can confirm that on an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.1, I get some returns on some searches.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by perlin
Hi guys,
Everyone who's having a problem with the FB connection and it seems broken for him (not seeing friends or other kinds of problems), please provide me exact times at which the log-ins were attempted (login= opening waze).

Thanks.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Dave2084 wrote:
ghost012 wrote:
...Can't search contacts on iOS 5.1.1
The same for me. I want the old feature back! Please - of course :)
Works fine on iOS 6.0.1. It must be something to do with iOS 6 privacy permissions which got a significant overhaul.

It is possible that in order for it to work under iOS 6 it cannot under previous versions of iOS. I guess only Waze (or maybe another developer) can answer that.
We're currently checking this issue. I'll appreciate if you elaborate on the saying "can't search contact". What do you mean by that?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
seriousarsonist wrote:So... Major issues today, first off, about 1ish (GMT) waze couldn't get a network, everything else was fine including twitter and iMessage.

Next up, about 20.45 (GMT) navigating home I was nearly home and waze asked if I was going home 3 times. Not sure what gives there. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/5y3enagu.jpg

Also got told I couldn't do petrol prices as I am a baby, don't think so...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/qu3ybebu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/8a7u8y9y.jpg
Thanks for reporting, we're checking your logs.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I tested an concur that there is a significant issue with contact searching in 3.5.3
We are aware of the problems with contact searching and working on fixing them. So far we've detected that waze doesn't return contact results on iOS that's lower than 6 and returns results partially on iOS 6.0.1 and up. If you have information that confirms or contradicts this, please share.
perlin
Send a message