iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Feature Enhancment Idea- (Auto Share)

Postby renehasp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:50 pm

I would love to see an auto share feature based on my (User) criteria.

As soon as I start a drive to work through Waze it automatically sends my Boss an email and a text with the estimated time of arrival and a link to follow me live.

or

As soon as I start a drive to Home through Waze it automatically sends my Wife an email and a text with the estimated time of arrival and a link to follow me live.

The above feature would be great.
I imagine it would live in...
Navigate- Work- More- Auto Share- Set automatic Share By email or phone.
renehasp

Postby fvwazing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 pm

renehasp wrote:I would love to see an auto share feature based on my (User) criteria.

As soon as I start a drive to work through Waze it automatically sends my Boss an email and a text with the estimated time of arrival and a link to follow me live.

or

As soon as I start a drive to Home through Waze it automatically sends my Wife an email and a text with the estimated time of arrival and a link to follow me live.

The above feature would be great.
I imagine it would live in...
Navigate- Work- More- Auto Share- Set automatic Share By email or phone.

Voluntarily???
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: iPhone 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby no1ne » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Welçome at Georges Orwell's inn ...
no1ne
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby perlin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:24 am

fabryx73 wrote:Anyway... from many weeks (at least on the last two releases of Waze for iPhone) the popup reports when stopped are never more shown on screen.

Only group report (useless) and marketing popups are shown.
Can you help me and the dozens of users are reporting this issue?

We've set up a new zero-speed popups mechanism, that displays up to 4 alert popups at stand-still, in relation to your location near events. If you select to see events on your route only, the popups will be displayed up to 100 km on your route. If you select otherwise (and it doesn't matter which radius you'll choose), they will be displayed up to 5 or 10 km. If you're not near any event, nothing will be displayed when standing still. (you're now probably asking "then why do you still have the old radius selecting if you ignore it". The answer is- we'll change that).
In addition to the alerts, we also display a zero-speed ad and "friends online" popup. Each one of them has a different criteria for display, that depends on the user (if he has friends that are now online, if he's around a location that contains ads, etc.).
It's possible to have a whole drive without getting a single popup. But if you suspect that you should have been getting some (if you know that there are events near you, an ad or friends online) and you didn't- please mention the time of the drive/standstill.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby AggieJM » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm

AggieJM wrote:2) When choosing a destination, I can find the location and it picks a route. The window that displays with the mileage and ETA, along with the 'Go' button will freeze. The countdown timer on the 'Go' button doesn't move and it will show the spinning Waze icon in the center of the screen. I have to hit the home button to leave the app, then when I restart Waze it will crash, then I can restart again successfully.

Debug logs for both of these issues have been submitted.

I'm still seeing this issue, but I've found that if I just let it sit it will eventually come back. It basically appears that Waze is frozen since the countdown on the 'Go' button is stopped and nothing is happening, but it will eventually return after some period of time. That period of time is variable and could be anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes. I'm not sure what it's trying to do in the background, but the user needs some indication that it is working and not frozen.
AT&T iPhone 5s iOS 9.0.2
Waze 3.9.6.1 (Crown, AM)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby fabryx73 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

perlin wrote:
fabryx73 wrote:Anyway... from many weeks (at least on the last two releases of Waze for iPhone) the popup reports when stopped are never more shown on screen.

Only group report (useless) and marketing popups are shown.
Can you help me and the dozens of users are reporting this issue?

We've set up a new zero-speed popups mechanism, that displays up to 4 alert popups at stand-still, in relation to your location near events. If you select to see events on your route only, the popups will be displayed up to 100 km on your route. If you select otherwise (and it doesn't matter which radius you'll choose), they will be displayed up to 5 or 10 km. If you're not near any event, nothing will be displayed when standing still. (you're now probably asking "then why do you still have the old radius selecting if you ignore it". The answer is- we'll change that).

:!: :!: :!:
I understand that you would like to explain the new mechanism for reporting but I already known the new wanted feature and this not change the issue :!: :!: :!: .
The new Popup Mechanism doesn't work :( .
If you remember what I wrote on my last post and what is reported in other threads, the issue is presente even if:
- increase range of reporting (this make useless your statement about 5 - 10 Km, because reports are in the range of 2 km maximum in Turin - Italy)
- following a guided route (with navigation) with report on the route ahead (this is exactly what you say for having reports when the " on troute only" setup)
- staying stopped for minutes (of course)

Even if I set up a route with any radius, driving in a city with tents of reports (mainly traffic, street alerts and accidents), I never see a single report (except marketing ones); even if there are some of them immediaty ahead on the route.
I'm not the only one describing this wrong behaviour and, let me say, try for yourself and you'll discover that it doesnt work at all. If you see reports, there is some bug that happens only on some devices/configuratiuons and you have to support us in the same way you support people that are not able to see if their friends are on the street or in the bathroom (very usefull indeed)
Revert to the old reporting pls :evil: .
Without reporting, waze is only a clone the ios nav :evil: .
fabryx73

Postby KaiEhlig » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 am

i switched to a new device and now i'm not able to install the beta versions

who can change my UUID?
KaiEhlig

Postby fvwazing » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 am

fabryx73 wrote:Without reporting, waze is only a clone the ios nav :evil: .

Damn, all that trouble, and still just a clone.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby fabryx73 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 am

fvwazing wrote:Damn, all that trouble, and still just a clone.

Did you check if the popup reporting is working fine?
fabryx73

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

KaiEhlig wrote:i switched to a new device and now i'm not able to install the beta versions

who can change my UUID?

You have to submit it as before.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App