Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Voice directions get cut off.

Postby millerok98 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm using the most recent Android waze app. When driving to a location that I've routed, the voice commands only tell me part of the instructions. It does the same thing when I try to use voice commands to report an event. I have the level of guidance selected as including street names. If I change the setting to directions only, then it's not an issue when getting basic driving directions.
millerok98

Sv: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby SwedishBadger » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Well.. Picture says it all. Clean install.

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1358438263255.jpg
(95.74 KiB) Downloaded 914 times
SwedishBadger

Re: Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm

fotrik wrote:It's a month ago when the gas prices were launched in our country and most of the users which do not visit forums still don't know it. And if they know, they don't know that they can update them.

For now, you could consider some PR activities using FTW (feedthe.waze.hu). We placed some pins on busy freeway intersections for a couple of days to advertise it when it was launched over here.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:51 pm

foxitrot wrote:
bikr wrote:Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

Why? I admit it could be convenient...

bikr wrote: If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.

I still may want to comment on it after thanking. If it was an automatic popup from far away along my route, I may be not able to find it on the map anymore.

After thanking, the auto-closure countdown could be lowered to, say, 5 seconds.

If you want to comment tap on comment button then thanks !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby foxitrot » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 pm

bikr wrote:Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

Why? I admit it could be convenient...

bikr wrote: If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.

I still may want to comment on it after thanking. If it was an automatic popup from far away along my route, I may be not able to find it on the map anymore.

After thanking, the auto-closure countdown could be lowered to, say, 5 seconds.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby a4bolek » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 am

darkneon wrote:
darkneon wrote:Waze eats up all resources on my N7000 , switching apps with Waze running is a 50/50 chance of locking the phone and when even more unlucky a forced reboot is required. If not apps will become terribly slow with occasional freezing and completely locking up the phone if you don't shutdown Waze fast.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

Sadly but I have to add another bug.

Sometimes when I want to report a hazard Waze thinks I don't have an internet connection but all others apps do. Phone reports hdspa speed(3g).
Restarting Waze is required to recognize the connection again.

This is not a bug. This is one of the worst flows of Waze. As network connectivity degrades from LTE>4G>3G>2G>EDGE all other apps just patiently wait for their piece of the pie while Waze just stops. All road munching gets lost. All drives in affected areas get lost as well.
As network conditions improve all other apps take advantage while Waze still displays no network connection. Only restart of Waze brings it back.
a4bolek

Postby darkneon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 pm

darkneon wrote:Waze eats up all resources on my N7000 , switching apps with Waze running is a 50/50 chance of locking the phone and when even more unlucky a forced reboot is required. If not apps will become terribly slow with occasional freezing and completely locking up the phone if you don't shutdown Waze fast.

Sadly but I have to add another bug.

Sometimes when I want to report a hazard Waze thinks I don't have an internet connection but all others apps do. Phone reports hdspa speed(3g).
Restarting Waze is required to recognize the connection again.

darkneon

Postby deeggo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Twister_UK wrote:When trying to submit a hazard report or similar, the Send and Later buttons are sufficiently close to the edge of the pop-over that it's easy to accidentally tap on the map rather than the button (especially on phones like the One X which seems to have a particularly sensitive screen), which then silently closes the report pop-over instead of queueing or sending it as expected.

This happened to me too. I had just typed an extensive description of a hazard and mishit the send button, so all was lost. :evil:
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pvaladares » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 am

Autourdupc wrote:First screen is not correctly sized !
Edit : It is very strange... Sometime the image size ratio is correct, sometime not. I can't say why !
Screenshot_2013-01-18-08-04-14.png

Same issue here.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares

Postby pvaladares » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 am

hmarian wrote:Update went well to me.
The new version didn't remember my unit settings (changed to the default in Miles).
Other than that, I have been using the new version on a couple of drives today and it worked well.

For future version could be good if you add the ability of users to manipulate the order of the Favorites. Home and Work are showing on top, but new records are pushed to the bottom of the list and this isn't necessarily the order users may wish to have them.

Cheers,
Hagay.

In the iOS version it is already possible to edit the order within Waze app.

In Android you have to manually edit the history file.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares

Next

Return to Waze App