Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am

rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?

Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).
perlin

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 am

davipt wrote:
bikr wrote:Feature Request: Better audio quality of the Waze navigation voice.

I did a comparison of Google Maps versus Waze, and Google's navigation lady's voice is much clearer and easier to understand, especially when there's a lot of road noise. The Waze lady's voice has less audio fidelity and sounds digitally compressed.

I had a look at the recordings and the TTS and saw the recordings have 44KHz and 320kbps whilst the TTS is only 8Khz and 32kbps.

That quality level seems like overkill for recorded vocals, especially vocals which are being played back through a phone loudspeaker in a moving vehicle - most of us don't even store our music at such a high bitrate for playback via headphones/decent quality speakers in quiet environments...
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby autourdupc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:36 am

I found that Waze has troubles with network, especially when Waze is running and we switch off Wifi. Device goes to GPRS, but Waze seem to have problem to switch to GPRS network.
We can see data flow running correctly on device while Waze do not find network.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby hollow000 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 pm

After updating to version 3.5.3, Waze crashes almost immediately upon startup. Has anyone experienced this? I'm running it on Android 2.2 Froyo.
hollow000

Postby Cool1Mark » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm

After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?
Cool1Mark

Postby KB_Steveo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 pm

What happened to the Google search option? It's bad enough that waze crashes every time I try to search in this new version. Now my options are a 50% chance of Bing actually sending me to the right place. Foursquare, which is awesome, if the place you're looking for is actually in their database. Or YP, Yelp, etc. (I'm going by memory, since I can't get to the search results without crashing) giving me results for places that are hundreds of miles away from where I am.

Can we get a link to go back to 3.5.1.4 until this is cleaned up?
KB_Steveo
State Manager
State Manager

Postby fotrik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm

I did a comparison of Google Maps versus Waze, and Google's navigation lady's voice is much clearer and easier to understand, especially when there's a lot of road noise. The Waze lady's voice has less audio fidelity and sounds digitally compressed.

Please specify the language first and then if you have problem with the standard recorded prompts or text-to-speech functionality.
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm

I had a look at the recordings and the TTS and saw the recordings have 44KHz and 320kbps whilst the TTS is only 8Khz and 32kbps.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Bikr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Feature Request: Better audio quality of the Waze navigation voice.

Bikr

Postby Bikr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.
Bikr

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App