Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby CrackedLCD » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 pm

rhoadesma wrote:Dang It!!! Waze keeps shutting itself off on me! :evil:
Why isn't it a setting to control when Waze decides when to TERMINATE ITSELF?

I keep loosing mileage because of this NEW FEATURE!

Anybody else having this problem?

How long are you sitting still before it shuts itself off?
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sockslabs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:06 am

I've noticed a correlation of Waze crashing my phone when I make or receive phone calls. I've had days or weeks go by without my phone crashing with daily use of Waze. But if I receive a phone call while Wazing, it's inevitable. Sometimes it's immediately after I hang up, sometimes it's 15 minutes later, sometimes it's after I press a menu button. But I can now expect a crash. Same outcome if I place a call through the car's bluetooth. If I'm lucky it simply reboots. But I've had to pull the battery.

I suspect Waze doesn't properly handle the case when the 3G network suddenly drops out? (Verizon, can't walk and chew gum). Seems like writing to a freed buffer?

Samsung Galaxy.

Anyone else noticing this? Thanks!
SocksLabs
Area Manager: Shrewsbury/Northboro/Westboro, MA
Helpful resources: Map Editor | Best Practices
sockslabs
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby spartacusds » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 pm

I can no longer use waze because every time I input a destination, it force closes on me. It has been doing this since the last update ... a few weeks now. Some times it outright freezes my phone completely and I have to take the battery out. I know of other friends this is also happening to. I am using a Samsung Epic 4G on the Sprint network. My friends are all using androids as well but I don't know what network. I figured I would check here for a solution before just uninstalling the darn thing. I think there was an update a few weeks back and I think it has been doing this since the update ... but I could be wrong.
spartacusds

Postby CMSFL70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

I posted problems I was having with the Waze app back on page 14 of this thread. Never received any feedback. I can see others have the same issue.

Waze is totally unstable on my phone. It crashes every time my vehicle comes to a stop (within 10 seconds.) It also crashes every time I attempt to access the scoreboard.

I do send the crash report every time the app quits on me. Am I wasting my time or are the developers using this data?

This app was at one time very useful but now it just does not work. I have lost out on thousands of miles by now.

Should I just uninstall and be done with it or is there hope the crashing problem will be fixed (soon?)

Anybody out there???????
Last edited by CMSFL70 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 (Verizon)
CMSFL70

Postby cherianchris » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Short trip this AM...

Tried to submit a Map Issue - failed. Hit report again, Waze crashed (Android Force Close). Logs sent ~3:55am Eastern (about 10 minutes ago).

Same issue in India. This bug is getting in the Way of me reporting Gas Stations to be updated on WME. By the time I've restarted Waze, Ive crossed the Gas Station or Map Problem. :(

Chris
Image Image
cherianchris
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:11 pm

CMSFL70 wrote:I posted problems I was having with the Waze app back on page 14 of this thread. Never received any feedback. I can see others have the same issue.

Waze is totally unstable on my phone. It crashes every time my vehicle comes to a stop (within 10 seconds.) It also crashes every time I attempt to access the scoreboard.

I do send the crash report every time the app quits on me. Am I wasting my time or are the developers using this data?

This app was at one time very useful but now it just does not work. I have lost out on thousands of miles by now.

Should I just uninstall and be done with it or is there hope the crashing problem will be fixed (soon?)

Anybody out there???????

I have a similar issue, which the devs are aware of, but there's no apparent fix in sight. Two questions: what model phone do you have (and what version OS is on it) and when's the last time you saw a pop up advertisement while stopped?
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CMSFL70 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:
CMSFL70 wrote:I posted problems I was having with the Waze app back on page 14 of this thread. Never received any feedback. I can see others have the same issue.

Anybody out there???????

I have a similar issue, which the devs are aware of, but there's no apparent fix in sight. Two questions: what model phone do you have (and what version OS is on it) and when's the last time you saw a pop up advertisement while stopped?

Thanks for the reply

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Build JRO03O totally stock.
I think the last time I saw a pop up while I was stopped was probably late November early December time frame?

If the developers are aware of this why can I find no mention of it under known issues? Or am I looking in the wrong place.

This WAS a fantastic app that I turned a number of people onto. I would be more than willing to pay for a non ad supported version if these issues were resolved.
Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 (Verizon)
CMSFL70

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 am

CMSFL70 wrote:Thanks for the reply

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Build JRO03O totally stock.
I think the last time I saw a pop up while I was stopped was probably late November early December time frame?

If the developers are aware of this why can I find no mention of it under known issues? Or am I looking in the wrong place.

This WAS a fantastic app that I turned a number of people onto. I would be more than willing to pay for a non ad supported version if these issues were resolved.

You and I may have the same issue, then. I've got a Droid DNA running 4.1.1 stock, too. The last update I had was that they thought it was related to our OS, but then I know of others running 4.1.1 on Motorola handsets with no issue.

I think what's happening is the ad popups are what's causing a crash. There was a period between Christmas and around the middle of January where there were no popup ads on Waze and the crashing stopped. Then it started up again. I checked with a friend and sure enough, he'd seen a popup ad for AT&T that day.

I can't say it's 100% this issue, but it's a pretty strong correlation.
~CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby MovingShadow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Ever since I got the upgrade from Android to 4.1.2 Waze wont even start up anymore.

As soon as I click on the app it closes down again.

I'm using the Sony Xperia T
Sony Xperia T: Android 4.1.2
MovingShadow

Postby pvaladares » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 pm

MovingShadow wrote:Ever since I got the upgrade from Android to 4.1.2 Waze wont even start up anymore.

As soon as I click on the app it closes down again.

I'm using the Sony Xperia T

I had the same issue in the previous beta.
Check the size of preference file.
For some reason it was 0bytes. The solution was to restore a backup version (or reinstall the beta).
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App