These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
foxitrot wrote:I've reached my route's via (stop) point, its time disappeared from the ETA window, the next displayed turn already belonged to the following violet route, yet the client was still displaying also the rosa route (instead of rerouting me) - possibly because I was snapped to an adjacent segment few (tens of) meters displaced from my stop point.
Another user has reported, that while being navigated to a stop point, the route was recalculated due to traffic changes. The newly calculated route navigated directly to the final destination, although the ETA was still displaying time to the stop point.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
foxitrot wrote:Another user has reported, that while being navigated to a stop point, the route was recalculated due to traffic changes. The newly calculated route navigated directly to the final destination, although the ETA was still displaying time to the stop point.
Yet another user has triggered the stop point being lost by looking for or displaying the alternative routes. Allegedly it happens just during navigation, not prior to start.

While trying it without GPS, I've noticed that after creating a route with stop point and then displaying alternative routes on map, the pink route gets violet-colored on map afterwards.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
CrackedLCD wrote:I have the same exact set of crashes, only I'm running an HTC Droid DNA with 4.1.1. The crashes are definitely related to the advertising pop ups that you get if a) you're stopped for more than six seconds and b) near one of the advertisers' pins on screen.
[...]
I was able to determine this by having a fellow Wazer ride with me for a few days. He has a Razr HD (not Maxx or Maxx HD) running 4.1.1 and no crash issues at all. At the exact moment mine crashed, his would display a pop up ad. But on his, the ad can be dismissed or go away and he won't see any more for a few days; on mine (ours) it keeps trying to serve the ad over and over and over which leads to constant crashing.
world_msqy1rgs wrote:This mornig a freez of the phone while driving to Work. Same spot as 3 times before. This time in debug mode on. So log send ~20min ago
At this spot I also get the candy. not to day. (to less edits)
One local wazer has been blaming a few previous (released) Android versions for repeated crashes when driving through one particular geographical position. (He even mentioned that his colleague's iPhone Waze client kept crashing there as well.) Since the current release, he has not observed these crashes anymore.

I've also been always observing 100% regular crashes with my previous Symbian version on one particular place, no idea whether it could be related. I've not yet driven the road with an Android client.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
ramik79 wrote:So to give the distance you calculate absolute sight distance from the object and not the length of the road to it.

not a major issue, but an interesting one :)
A design flaw, already there since... ever?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
I'm occasionally (noticed 3 times) seeing the speedometer empty (no digits and km/h below the line), sometimes with just the first digit displayed, sometimes just the second one, their visibility changes with increasing/decreasing speed. Seems to be random, if it happens, but I'd rather say that it appeared as if each speed had an assigned set of visible digits, which keeps across acceleration/deceleration (upper correct, below wrong):
A-3.5.3_speedometer missing digits.png
(32.14 KiB) Downloaded 923 times
At the moment (I've noticed this just now at the screenshots), the Cities layer strings are also randomly missing some characters (upper correct, below wrong):
A-3.5.3_city layer missing chars.png
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 922 times
The phone has some 100-200 MB free memory at the moment.
Client restart fixes that.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by foxitrot on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posted screenshots

Post by foxitrot
The client sometimes gets to a state, when no popup (neither wazer infos, nor events) will apear on screen. Menus work fine. A manual client restart is then necessary.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Since a fix some 1-2 beta versions ago, when a user/report popup is displayed, it is sufficient to click the map anywhere around it (or at it, except its buttons) and the popup will be closed, not necessary to look for [ X ] or the tiny (x) button anymore.

Unfortunately the same happens when a report dialog is opened (in contrast to a popup window, this is not only some informational area, which can be repeatedly opened again), but well, one can get used to it. But the Radar/Camera report dialog differs from the others - there is a pretty large informational area in the middle of it and inadvertently touching it (while trying to tap on any of surrounding buttons) causes the dialog to disappear - its GPS position is gone. The same is true for all dialogs, when touching their title bar.

The whole area of all report dialogs (except their [ X ] and [ Send ] buttons) should be excluded from closing them.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Yesterday I've got a few identical crashes on a gas station. It had the 1st and 4th price defined, the middle two were N/A. While trying to define and report also the missing ones (all at once) and click between the fields, the client always crashed on the last one. Finally I had to define and report all four prices one-by-one.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Autourdupc wrote:And [ X ] is too small !
Should have a true button for that !
That is another story. On Android, Waze apparently attempts to mimic iOS' buttons on the upper left/right corners of dialog windows. But the attempt is just half-baked :evil: usually a button consist of at least some border, which highlights its (clickable) area (rectangular, elliptical, circular, whichever) and some description text inside. iOs' buttons are additionally e.g. gray on a black title bar area. Waze buttons ... can be just guessed :twisted: one can see only its description text. And if these buttons get also scrolled up above the dialog area :roll:

Waze, please, modify these buttons ASAP! It is sometimes really a pain to notice them (especially after reading some texts down to the dialog's bottom, to finally confirm them)!
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
perlin wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Yesterday I've got a few identical crashes on a gas station. It had the 1st and 4th price defined, the middle two were N/A. While trying to define and report also the missing ones (all at once) and click between the fields, the client always crashed on the last one. Finally I had to define and report all four prices one-by-one.
Please send permalink of the station. Maybe it's related to its location.
Here it is: https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=17.1 ... rks=250060 Would be interesting.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message