Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
fotrik wrote:It's a month ago when the gas prices were launched in our country and most of the users which do not visit forums still don't know it. And if they know, they don't know that they can update them.

Could be nice to have an optional small popup window when comming near a gas station (like a speed camera or other warnings) where the reported prices will be shown with buttons "Confirm" and "Update" the prices. Of course this window should have also the 10 seconds auto-close. This would make it easier also for user who already report the prices.
That's a great idea and actually we've already created that option. It will enter one of the upcoming versions ;)
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
jdeyoung wrote:I appreciate that there are lots more android devices than iOS, but it seems like the most recent version has quite a number of pure stability problems where the app crashes. That is not helpful when we try to rely on this for commute. I shouldn't have to worry whether whether waze has stopped or not. I have tried sending reports nearly every time waze crashes - and since it seems to happen nearly every time I stop moving, this results in 4 or 5 reports during my commute. Do we have any idea when we might see a beta for an incremental release on android?
You are absolutely right and we are aware of the crashes (that seem to have increased in this version).
Stability is always our top priority to handle and fix and we're about to release a much more stable version, in which we fixed most of the crashes that were reported.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?
Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
a4bolek wrote:
perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?
Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).
Could you elaborate on what is considered idle. I turn screen off while driving on dark rural roads. Screen turns itself off while in call. If i anticipate that call will get long I pull over, stop, finish the call then put phone back in its cradle and get busy getting back on the road. Screen turns itself off.
The developers defined idle as 10 minutes and longer of lack of motion.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
a4bolek wrote:Not sure if this is client or server issue but I have been getting few of those lately.
Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-47-03.jpg
Thanks, we're working on fixing it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
rhoadesma wrote:
perlin wrote:

It is very annoying to have to check if Waze is running because you don't know if it turned itself off or not just because you stopped to get gas, stopped to eat, ran into a store for a few minutes, etc.

Can you please add a setting to control the behavior?
10 minutes is not such a short time. If you stop for an errand for 10 min or more, shutting down waze saves you battery life. Is it such a hassle to open the app again?
When we set the app to not close at all, you guys complained that it's draining the battery and in cases that one forgets to close it, it's a good idea to close it for him if it detects no action.
perlin
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
BUG:

Whenever I am reaching my destination I get a 'no GPS signal error'.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
hmarian wrote:Update went well to me.
The new version didn't remember my unit settings (changed to the default in Miles).
Other than that, I have been using the new version on a couple of drives today and it worked well.

For future version could be good if you add the ability of users to manipulate the order of the Favorites. Home and Work are showing on top, but new records are pushed to the bottom of the list and this isn't necessarily the order users may wish to have them.

Cheers,
Hagay.
In the iOS version it is already possible to edit the order within Waze app.

In Android you have to manually edit the history file.

pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Autourdupc wrote:First screen is not correctly sized !
Edit : It is very strange... Sometime the image size ratio is correct, sometime not. I can't say why !
Screenshot_2013-01-18-08-04-14.png
Same issue here.

pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
MovingShadow wrote:Ever since I got the upgrade from Android to 4.1.2 Waze wont even start up anymore.

As soon as I click on the app it closes down again.

I'm using the Sony Xperia T
I had the same issue in the previous beta.
Check the size of preference file.
For some reason it was 0bytes. The solution was to restore a backup version (or reinstall the beta).
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message