Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Post by
What's New in Version 3.5.3

- New share my drive and share location interface
- Pick up from navigate screen
- Gas search in main menu
- Recent places shown in main navigate screen
- Preloads route when connected to WiFi
- New "beep" feature for Facebook friends
- New alerts show friends online, who's connected, and new friend driving to your destination
- Bugs, stability and design fixes

POSTER_ID:4797498

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Performed clean install. Gas Stations & Prices showed up after restart, Favorites restored.

All previously reported problems still there.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
deeggo wrote:This bug is starting to grow old: Navigate to category. Choose show on map. Select one GS from the map. Hit elsewhere on the map and all gas stations are gone.
At least with that one you can go back to List and have them re appear.

Here is one that requires restart of Waze and is absolutely maddening. With setting of "No auto zoom" bring up Routes>Map>Select route. Map center button becomes numb. Map stops following movement and it's stuck in North setting.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
darkneon wrote:
darkneon wrote:Waze eats up all resources on my N7000 , switching apps with Waze running is a 50/50 chance of locking the phone and when even more unlucky a forced reboot is required. If not apps will become terribly slow with occasional freezing and completely locking up the phone if you don't shutdown Waze fast.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
Sadly but I have to add another bug.

Sometimes when I want to report a hazard Waze thinks I don't have an internet connection but all others apps do. Phone reports hdspa speed(3g).
Restarting Waze is required to recognize the connection again.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
This is not a bug. This is one of the worst flows of Waze. As network connectivity degrades from LTE>4G>3G>2G>EDGE all other apps just patiently wait for their piece of the pie while Waze just stops. All road munching gets lost. All drives in affected areas get lost as well.
As network conditions improve all other apps take advantage while Waze still displays no network connection. Only restart of Waze brings it back.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:
zCougar wrote:I'm still not happy with tablet UI. A lot of menus and texts are too small to be useful. For instance I almost can't read gas price numbers when my 7" Nexus is sitting on car dashboard.
Ditto high res phones like my Droid DNA, which has a 1920x1808 resolution which renders street names almost too tiny to see.

I've been told the developers are aware of this but don't think it's a serious issue. Apparently they all have fantastic vision. :lol:
To illustrate how we get penalized for having high resolution large displays I have photographed three of them side by side displaying same menus.

From left to right Galaxy Tab 7.7, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2. Fonts on Galaxy Tab 7.7 are not readable when mounted on center console.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B2sw7 ... Ftb2c/edit
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
Autourdupc wrote:If you tap on the speedometer the map is moving. The more you tap, the more the map is moving away !
Well, yes it does but why would you peck at it? :D
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
zCougar wrote:
a4bolek wrote:To illustrate how we get penalized for having high resolution large displays I have photographed three of them side by side displaying same menus.
Nice :-)

--
Cougar

Here is Galaxy S2 and Nexus 7 side by side.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B2sw7 ... E3cTA/edit
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
perlin wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Map chat do not stay on screen when not sent.
To reproduce :
1) Tap on bottom right button and select Map chat (see arrow 1)
2) Let the countdown reach 0. The unset map chat comes to map screen (see arrow 2)
3) Tap again on bottom right button (see arrow 3)
--> Map chat is deleted !
Screenshot_2013-01-27-22-55-45.png
Can't reproduce. Can you try again?
I can reproduce that behaviour on all my devices. ;)
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
Not sure if this is client or server issue but I have been getting few of those lately.

Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-47-03.jpg
(86.79 KiB) Downloaded 3474 times
Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-49-28.png
(78.07 KiB) Downloaded 3464 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?
Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).
Could you elaborate on what is considered idle. I turn screen off while driving on dark rural roads. Screen turns itself off while in call. If i anticipate that call will get long I pull over, stop, finish the call then put phone back in its cradle and get busy getting back on the road. Screen turns itself off.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek

So please make it configurable!
Configurable? No, that's bad for you. Waze knows what's good for you, so does other fruity OS.

Hush now baby, baby don't you cry.
Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you.
Mama wont let anyone dirty get through.
Mama's gonna wait up until you get in.
Mama will always find out where you've been.
Mama's gonna keep baby healthy and clean.
Ooooh baby oooh baby oooh baby,
You'll always be baby to me.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1