Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by autourdupc
When we take a picture with Waze (for a trafic jam report by example), I would like that Waze use a dedicated folder to store the pictures or name the pictures with a dedicated name, like waze_xxxxxx.jpg.
Actually, pictures are stored with camera pictures, and it is boring because pictures taken with Waze are no longer usefull after the report is sent.
Maybe Waze could have a feature to delete the pictures it manage.
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
fotrik wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:In case of network failure while transmitting report, Waze should be able to buffer the report and sent it back again when network is back.
Actually, the report is lost !
Reported several times in forum, questionnaire and even at meetup, that the client has to remember all reports until they are sent successfuly and we mentioned situations where the network is not available on bad signal reception or during phone call when the old GPRS connection type is interrupted. I am pretty sure that the HQ is aware of it and the only information we miss from them now is when it will be implemented. ;)
I know that... But till they don't give an answer, we need to repeat again and again the same requests !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
foxitrot wrote:
bikr wrote:Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

Why? I admit it could be convenient...
bikr wrote: If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.
I still may want to comment on it after thanking. If it was an automatic popup from far away along my route, I may be not able to find it on the map anymore.

After thanking, the auto-closure countdown could be lowered to, say, 5 seconds.
If you want to comment tap on comment button then thanks !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
I found that Waze has troubles with network, especially when Waze is running and we switch off Wifi. Device goes to GPRS, but Waze seem to have problem to switch to GPRS network.
We can see data flow running correctly on device while Waze do not find network.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by Bikr
Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.
Bikr
Send a message

Post by Bikr
Feature Request: Better audio quality of the Waze navigation voice.

I did a comparison of Google Maps versus Waze, and Google's navigation lady's voice is much clearer and easier to understand, especially when there's a lot of road noise. The Waze lady's voice has less audio fidelity and sounds digitally compressed.
Bikr
Send a message

Post by CBenson
jdeyoung wrote:I am running on Android 4.1.1 on the Droid Razr Maxx HD.
I am as well without problems. No crashes, can access the scoreboard without problem. Feel free to PM me if you want to compare setting differences.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cherianchris
AndyPoms wrote:Short trip this AM...

Tried to submit a Map Issue - failed. Hit report again, Waze crashed (Android Force Close). Logs sent ~3:55am Eastern (about 10 minutes ago).
Same issue in India. This bug is getting in the Way of me reporting Gas Stations to be updated on WME. By the time I've restarted Waze, Ive crossed the Gas Station or Map Problem. :(

Chris
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by Cool1Mark
After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?
Cool1Mark
Send a message

Post by Cool1Mark
perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?
Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).
It is very annoying to have to check if Waze is running because you don't know if it turned itself off or not just because you stopped to get gas, stopped to eat, ran into a store for a few minutes, etc.

Can you please add a setting to control the behavior?
Cool1Mark
Send a message