Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby CrackedLCD » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 pm

zCougar wrote:I'm still not happy with tablet UI. A lot of menus and texts are too small to be useful. For instance I almost can't read gas price numbers when my 7" Nexus is sitting on car dashboard.

Ditto high res phones like my Droid DNA, which has a 1920x1808 resolution which renders street names almost too tiny to see.

I've been told the developers are aware of this but don't think it's a serious issue. Apparently they all have fantastic vision. :lol:
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Appreciate that a avoid 'Toll roads' be included in next release.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby zCougar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm still not happy with tablet UI. A lot of menus and texts are too small to be useful. For instance I almost can't read gas price numbers when my 7" Nexus is sitting on car dashboard.

[ img ]

I resized it specially so that it looks smaller than pixel-by-pixel screenshot. There are a lot of room to use big clear numbers that driver could see without moving all attention to those small numbers.

It can be argued about info popup and menu sizes where some may prefer to see more map and some prefer bigger popup. But in this case there is nothing else on the screen to justify this room saving.

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby foxitrot » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:27 pm

The client sometimes gets to a state, when no popup (neither wazer infos, nor events) will apear on screen. Menus work fine. A manual client restart is then necessary.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CMSFL70 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 pm

First of all I love WAZE has been a great app for the 10 months I have been using it.

BUT...

The past few weeks the app has been VERY unstable to the point where it is almost unusable. I noticed Waze crashing a lot and as some others have pointed out it happens at the time the popups would appear notifying me of alerts in the area. The last update to 3.5.3 has had no effect on this problem.
99% of the time when my vehicle comes to a stop a crash occurs. When I am stopped and no crash occurs I do not receive any alerts of incidents in the area.

The app also crashes every time without fail when I attempt to view the scoreboard.

I am running a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon completely stock.

I have tried clearing the data and uninstalling then reinstalling Waze.
Last edited by CMSFL70 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CMSFL70

Postby autourdupc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 pm

had a waze hang after updating gas prices. App then not responding or so slow....
Sent android report an manually logs from Waze.
it was 12h04 french time when Waze crashed. Reports few minutes after.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 am

I apologize in advance for not searching more thoroughly but I'm not an Android user and am just forwarding a request from one of my users.

He's complaining that on his Android, over the loudspeaker, the TTS voice (Raquel Brazil in our case in Portugal) is much lower than the recorded voices. I can't reproduce this on my iPhone, but I also don't use the speaker in my daily driving (use bluetooth) and can only test a couple of sentences without going out for a drive.

Is this a known bug on Android or on the loudspeaker?
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:47 am

fotrik wrote:I know that it's somehow going obsolete but if you get top weekly scoring gold/silver/bronze icon and then you set your mood manually to something else you want from the normal icons, on next start the top icon is back again. You can try it as often as you want and it set's the top icon always back on next start.

here here! also on iOS! I hate it. It's even more painful when I set the monster mood. As one of the only two CM's in Portugal, I'd prefer an option to opt-out from the special moods almost every week and let other editors win the three moods. On top of that the client doesn't let me "hide" my gold mood.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Spazinbc wrote:I think I may likely be uninstalling Waze by the end of the year at this rate. I've been noticing a steady DECREASE in my area of travel of Waze users and reporting of incidents since Google maps has been made available for iPhone. The more heavy focus on social networking of this app is a huge drawback for many, including myself. Let's ditch the Facebook integration, can we?

From a GUI perspective and anonymity as well, I prefer version 3.2.2. The lack of users from my experience is pushing me to ditch Waze and to predominately use Google maps traffic, Apple Maps traffic (which is getting better) and even Beat the Traffic. I am also starting to use the Twitter feed updates for traffic issues by radio stations instead of Waze. I will never use Waze for navigation. It's simply too inaccurate for me. I'll stick with my Garmin and Google maps for that.

I agree with you . . . . . If there are few Wazers in your area, then Waze is not for you. However, In my area, which is Orange County in Southern California (USA) there are hundreds of Wazers on my route every morning. I get up-to-date traffic reports, hazards on the side of the road, presence of police and even weather reports. Waze was developed for high density traffic areas to save us dozens of hours each week in travel time to our work. By showing parking lot roads for businesses, I can turn off the main road to avoid traffic and go a "back way". In my area, traffic will only get worse. As far as inaccuracy, that is why I became a map editor, I can quickly correct any map problems in my area.
Den_in_USA

Postby fotrik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm

I would like to have an option to disable all report pop-ups. It's so annoying if I stop at a crossing, want to see my route and pop-up covers it. I want to have the traffic informations but only from the menu manually and not when the application thinks I could like it.
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App