Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:38 pm

perlin wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:Since upgrading to 3.5.3 I no longer get a prompt to send logs to Waze upon restart on any of these crashes.

It will ask you only if you're on debug mode.

No, debug mode is on, but even several beta versions before this question not seen anymore when started after a crash. Had to send logs logs always manually via the menu.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

I know that it's somehow going obsolete but if you get top weekly scoring gold/silver/bronze icon and then you set your mood manually to something else you want from the normal icons, on next start the top icon is back again. You can try it as often as you want and it set's the top icon always back on next start.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:32 pm

paulkok_my: This is not an official answer but my guess is that it's a hour from last comment or thank and not from the initial post.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm

I would like to have an option to disable all report pop-ups. It's so annoying if I stop at a crossing, want to see my route and pop-up covers it. I want to have the traffic informations but only from the menu manually and not when the application thinks I could like it.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Autourdupc wrote:In case of network failure while transmitting report, Waze should be able to buffer the report and sent it back again when network is back.
Actually, the report is lost !

Reported several times in forum, questionnaire and even at meetup, that the client has to remember all reports until they are sent successfuly and we mentioned situations where the network is not available on bad signal reception or during phone call when the old GPRS connection type is interrupted. I am pretty sure that the HQ is aware of it and the only information we miss from them now is when it will be implemented. ;)
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 pm

It's a month ago when the gas prices were launched in our country and most of the users which do not visit forums still don't know it. And if they know, they don't know that they can update them.

Could be nice to have an optional small popup window when comming near a gas station (like a speed camera or other warnings) where the reported prices will be shown with buttons "Confirm" and "Update" the prices. Of course this window should have also the 10 seconds auto-close. This would make it easier also for user who already report the prices.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Yes, could be sufficient too.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm

bikr wrote:Feature Request: Better audio quality of the Waze navigation voice.

I did a comparison of Google Maps versus Waze, and Google's navigation lady's voice is much clearer and easier to understand, especially when there's a lot of road noise. The Waze lady's voice has less audio fidelity and sounds digitally compressed.

Please specify the language first and then if you have problem with the standard recorded prompts or text-to-speech functionality.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Autourdupc wrote:I found that Waze has troubles with network, especially when Waze is running and we switch off Wifi. Device goes to GPRS, but Waze seem to have problem to switch to GPRS network.
We can see data flow running correctly on device while Waze do not find network.

Strange. Since I moved to SGS2 (from WM6 phone) about a year ago, I never had this problem. I usually start Waze on WiFi in front of my house and the client smoothly continues on GSM. Doesn't matter if I switch the WiFi off or keep it on and the signal is lost.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby foxitrot » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:07 pm

After an upgrade from 3.5.1.909, reloading language files and checking the settings for a few minutes, I've initiated map update. The client responded with a crash (while the progress was at 0%).
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App