Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby CrackedLCD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 am

I'm still having some troubling crashes that were present in the last version. Since the update wasn't too specific, I'm going to mention them again just in case.

Waze crashes if I try to go to My Coupons or My Scoreboard. And after being crash-free for the two weeks after the Christmas holiday, it's now crashing again when I come to a stop at some intersections. It only happens if I leave the screen on and the device idle for a few seconds. I get a burst of data then a crash. If I keep the gas prices form open, or Foursquare's venue list open, or turn off the screen before coming to a stop, it will not crash.

Checked today with another user, also running 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, and the first time mine crashed, he got a pop up ad for Taco Bell. Is there any way to temporarily turn off ad pop ups?

During the last two weeks on the previous version when it started magically working again with the screen on, there were no pop ups for either of us other than the usual hazards and traffic alerts.

Since upgrading to 3.5.3 I no longer get a prompt to send logs to Waze upon restart on any of these crashes.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:38 am

I can sometimes see just fractions of event pop-ups, however on the screenshots they are fine. I guess rather a graphics subsystem problem? Or indeed Waze misusing it?

On stock Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby darkneon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:01 am

Waze eats up all resources on my N7000 , switching apps with Waze running is a 50/50 chance of locking the phone and when even more unlucky a forced reboot is required. If not apps will become terribly slow with occasional freezing and completely locking up the phone if you don't shutdown Waze fast.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
darkneon

Postby thefatveganchef » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi Perlin, not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but when going to my waze > view settings > > any menu and you click on the X in the upper right corner, it brings you back to the my waze screen. It should bring you back to the view settings screen.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:19 pm

tgp1994 wrote:Any word on the crashes though, perlin?

Crashes are always our top priority to fix. We're currently focusing on locating the source of the crashes you've reported with this version.
perlin

Postby perlin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Menu -> Share -> More -> back -> back without actually sending anything turns on sharing icon on menu button. Menu -> exit share works to exit mode.

Known issue, will be fixed.
perlin

Postby perlin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:57 pm

fotrik wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
fotrik wrote:Missing Gas Stations & Prices in the Settings menu, so I cannot set my prefered gas type and station brand.

Menu->Settings->6th item down for me (below Navigation")....

Sounds like you may have gotten a bad download.... or something screwy happened because you upgraded from the beta...

Ah, got that back on 4th or 5th start. It was not there before. Looks that Report > Gas prices and then restart application or other magic helped.

The Gas Stations & Prices setting comes from the server, not from the client itself and sometimes it takes a few restarts for it to show (due to network failures).
perlin

Postby perlin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:50 pm

a4bolek wrote:At least with that one you can go back to List and have them re appear.
Here is one that requires restart of Waze and is absolutely maddening. With setting of "No auto zoom" bring up Routes>Map>Select route. Map center button becomes numb. Map stops following movement and it's stuck in North setting.

We're aware of this bug and it will be fixed.
perlin

Postby tgp1994 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Any word on the crashes though, perlin?
tgp1994

Postby perlin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 pm

deeggo wrote:This bug is starting to grow old: Navigate to category. Choose show on map. Select one GS from the map. Hit elsewhere on the map and all gas stations are gone.

Indeed not fixed yet.
perlin

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App