Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby jdeyoung » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I appreciate that there are lots more android devices than iOS, but it seems like the most recent version has quite a number of pure stability problems where the app crashes. That is not helpful when we try to rely on this for commute. I shouldn't have to worry whether whether waze has stopped or not. I have tried sending reports nearly every time waze crashes - and since it seems to happen nearly every time I stop moving, this results in 4 or 5 reports during my commute. Do we have any idea when we might see a beta for an incremental release on android? Do the crash reports provide any help whatever? If sending frequent crash reports isn't helpful, I can stop and just live with it until the next release...
AM Chicago, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

Postby autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am

I was in the one lane road according to the red arrow.
My speed was low, about 10..15 km/h. The road speed is 90 km/h.
I never get a pop-up request like "Are you experiencing a trafic jam ?" I think this kind of request is only when we are stopped.
Maybe Waze can be imrpoved is this case.
Screenshot_2013-01-29-08-25-01.png
Screenshot_2013-01-29-08-25-01.png (97.45 KiB) Viewed 657 times
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 am

Still have sometimes a network error, while data are still transmitted.
On the picture, you can see that there is a network trafic. Only Waze detects a network error... That is amazing !
Screenshot_2013-01-29-08-58-00.png
Screenshot_2013-01-29-08-58-00.png (155.77 KiB) Viewed 655 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 am

In case of network failure while transmitting report, Waze should be able to buffer the report and sent it back again when network is back.
Actually, the report is lost !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 am

When we take a picture with Waze (for a trafic jam report by example), I would like that Waze use a dedicated folder to store the pictures or name the pictures with a dedicated name, like waze_xxxxxx.jpg.
Actually, pictures are stored with camera pictures, and it is boring because pictures taken with Waze are no longer usefull after the report is sent.
Maybe Waze could have a feature to delete the pictures it manage.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby foxitrot » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 am

While being navigated, staying on a red light and looking at some user or report popup far away, after some timeout the client panned the map to my location. Suddenly my car symbol, GPS arrow, current location crosshair circle and zoom buttons disappeared and where not available, neither after a route recalculation a few seconds later. (I think that other wazers and reports were not visible as well, but am not sure anymore.)
Some 4 minutes later, after reaching a via/stop point, the missing features appeared.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fotrik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Autourdupc wrote:In case of network failure while transmitting report, Waze should be able to buffer the report and sent it back again when network is back.

Reported several times in forum, questionnaire and even at meetup, that the client has to remember all reports until they are sent successfuly and we mentioned situations where the network is not available on bad signal reception or during phone call when the old GPRS connection type is interrupted. I am pretty sure that the HQ is aware of it and the only information we miss from them now is when it will be implemented. ;)
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm

fotrik wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:In case of network failure while transmitting report, Waze should be able to buffer the report and sent it back again when network is back.

Reported several times in forum, questionnaire and even at meetup, that the client has to remember all reports until they are sent successfuly and we mentioned situations where the network is not available on bad signal reception or during phone call when the old GPRS connection type is interrupted. I am pretty sure that the HQ is aware of it and the only information we miss from them now is when it will be implemented. ;)

I know that... But till they don't give an answer, we need to repeat again and again the same requests !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby perlin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 pm

foxitrot wrote:Since a fix some 1-2 beta versions ago, when a user/report popup is displayed, it is sufficient to click the map anywhere around it (or at it, except its buttons) and the popup will be closed, not necessary to look for [ X ] or the tiny (x) button anymore.

Unfortunately the same happens when a report dialog is opened (in contrast to a popup window, this is not only some informational area, which can be repeatedly opened again), but well, one can get used to it. But the Radar/Camera report dialog differs from the others - there is a pretty large informational area in the middle of it and inadvertently touching it (while trying to tap on any of surrounding buttons) causes the dialog to disappear - its GPS position is gone. The same is true for all dialogs, when touching their title bar.

The whole area of all report dialogs (except their [ X ] and [ Send ] buttons) should be excluded from closing them.

You are right and we will fix it.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby fotrik » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 pm

It's a month ago when the gas prices were launched in our country and most of the users which do not visit forums still don't know it. And if they know, they don't know that they can update them.

Could be nice to have an optional small popup window when comming near a gas station (like a speed camera or other warnings) where the reported prices will be shown with buttons "Confirm" and "Update" the prices. Of course this window should have also the 10 seconds auto-close. This would make it easier also for user who already report the prices.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App