Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Hi Perlin, not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but when going to my waze > view settings > > any menu and you click on the X in the upper right corner, it brings you back to the my waze screen. It should bring you back to the view settings screen.
Actually it makes sense that it brings you back to My Waze. By tapping the X you choose to close the whole menu. If you just want to go back (to view the settings), tap the native back button.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Autourdupc wrote:1) Go to search nearby gas stations.
2) Once getting results from Waze, click on Google search --> No results
3) Go back to Waze search... The first entry in the list has its texts centered !
Thanks for reporting, we will fix it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
CrackedLCD wrote:Since upgrading to 3.5.3 I no longer get a prompt to send logs to Waze upon restart on any of these crashes.
It will ask you only if you're on debug mode.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
nipaa wrote:I'm still having this problem. Send button is missing. When I turn the phone it will appear. Is there any way to fix this?
We are aware of this problem (happens on low-resolution devices). Unfortunately it won't be fixed in the near future.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
pvaladares wrote:BUG:

Whenever I am reaching my destination I get a 'no GPS signal error'.
Please send debug logs and mention Dates & times.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
foxitrot wrote:Yesterday I've got a few identical crashes on a gas station. It had the 1st and 4th price defined, the middle two were N/A. While trying to define and report also the missing ones (all at once) and click between the fields, the client always crashed on the last one. Finally I had to define and report all four prices one-by-one.
Please send permalink of the station. Maybe it's related to its location.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Autourdupc wrote:Map chat do not stay on screen when not sent.
To reproduce :
1) Tap on bottom right button and select Map chat (see arrow 1)
2) Let the countdown reach 0. The unset map chat comes to map screen (see arrow 2)
3) Tap again on bottom right button (see arrow 3)
--> Map chat is deleted !
Screenshot_2013-01-27-22-55-45.png
Can't reproduce. Can you try again?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
foxitrot wrote:
perlin wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Yesterday I've got a few identical crashes on a gas station. It had the 1st and 4th price defined, the middle two were N/A. While trying to define and report also the missing ones (all at once) and click between the fields, the client always crashed on the last one. Finally I had to define and report all four prices one-by-one.
Please send permalink of the station. Maybe it's related to its location.
Here it is: https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=17.1 ... rks=250060 Would be interesting.
Failed to reproduce.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
foxitrot wrote:Since a fix some 1-2 beta versions ago, when a user/report popup is displayed, it is sufficient to click the map anywhere around it (or at it, except its buttons) and the popup will be closed, not necessary to look for [ X ] or the tiny (x) button anymore.

Unfortunately the same happens when a report dialog is opened (in contrast to a popup window, this is not only some informational area, which can be repeatedly opened again), but well, one can get used to it. But the Radar/Camera report dialog differs from the others - there is a pretty large informational area in the middle of it and inadvertently touching it (while trying to tap on any of surrounding buttons) causes the dialog to disappear - its GPS position is gone. The same is true for all dialogs, when touching their title bar.

The whole area of all report dialogs (except their [ X ] and [ Send ] buttons) should be excluded from closing them.
You are right and we will fix it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
fotrik wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:In case of network failure while transmitting report, Waze should be able to buffer the report and sent it back again when network is back.
Actually, the report is lost !
Reported several times in forum, questionnaire and even at meetup, that the client has to remember all reports until they are sent successfuly and we mentioned situations where the network is not available on bad signal reception or during phone call when the old GPRS connection type is interrupted. I am pretty sure that the HQ is aware of it and the only information we miss from them now is when it will be implemented. ;)
We are working on that option and will enable it pretty soon.
perlin
Send a message