Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby a4bolek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Not sure if this is client or server issue but I have been getting few of those lately.

Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-47-03.jpg
Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-47-03.jpg (86.79 KiB) Viewed 3137 times

Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-49-28.png
Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-49-28.png (78.07 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.5.0.1
a4bolek

Postby a4bolek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 pm

perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?

Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).

Could you elaborate on what is considered idle. I turn screen off while driving on dark rural roads. Screen turns itself off while in call. If i anticipate that call will get long I pull over, stop, finish the call then put phone back in its cradle and get busy getting back on the road. Screen turns itself off.
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.5.0.1
a4bolek

Postby foxitrot » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Surely server. (I'm getting the same, already since yesterday?)
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 pm

a4bolek wrote:
perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?

Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).

Could you elaborate on what is considered idle. I turn screen off while driving on dark rural roads. Screen turns itself off while in call. If i anticipate that call will get long I pull over, stop, finish the call then put phone back in its cradle and get busy getting back on the road. Screen turns itself off.

The developers defined idle as 10 minutes and longer of lack of motion.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm

a4bolek wrote:Not sure if this is client or server issue but I have been getting few of those lately.
Screenshot_2013-01-29-20-47-03.jpg

Thanks, we're working on fixing it.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby Cool1Mark » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm

perlin wrote:

It is very annoying to have to check if Waze is running because you don't know if it turned itself off or not just because you stopped to get gas, stopped to eat, ran into a store for a few minutes, etc.

Can you please add a setting to control the behavior?
Cool1Mark

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:08 pm

rhoadesma wrote:
perlin wrote:

It is very annoying to have to check if Waze is running because you don't know if it turned itself off or not just because you stopped to get gas, stopped to eat, ran into a store for a few minutes, etc.

10 minutes is not such a short time. If you stop for an errand for 10 min or more, shutting down waze saves you battery life. Is it such a hassle to open the app again?
When we set the app to not close at all, you guys complained that it's draining the battery and in cases that one forgets to close it, it's a good idea to close it for him if it detects no action.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby Cool1Mark » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:
perlin wrote:Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).

10 minutes is not such a short time. If you stop for an errand for 10 min or more, shutting down waze saves you battery life. Is it such a hassle to open the app again?
When we set the app to not close at all, you guys complained that it's draining the battery and in cases that one forgets to close it, it's a good idea to close it for him if it detects no action.

I find myself having to check if Waze is still running when stopped at a long light with heavy traffic where you sit through the light cycling 2-3 times before you get through it. I have had it turn off on me.

Would I guess you have never had to wait for a train? That can easily take 10 minutes and have the app shutdown on you.

If you make it a setting then you make everybody happy! :D
When you force it without options, you will always make somebody unhappy.

So please make it configurable!
Cool1Mark

Postby Den_in_USA » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I noticed that when I "munch" newly created roads, it shows the munching icon but the next day, the same roads are ready to munch again.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby fotrik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Autourdupc wrote:I found that Waze has troubles with network, especially when Waze is running and we switch off Wifi. Device goes to GPRS, but Waze seem to have problem to switch to GPRS network.
We can see data flow running correctly on device while Waze do not find network.

Strange. Since I moved to SGS2 (from WM6 phone) about a year ago, I never had this problem. I usually start Waze on WiFi in front of my house and the client smoothly continues on GSM. Doesn't matter if I switch the WiFi off or keep it on and the signal is lost.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App