Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 am

Autourdupc wrote:First screen is not correctly sized !
Edit : It is very strange... Sometime the image size ratio is correct, sometime not. I can't say why !
Screenshot_2013-01-18-08-04-14.png

Same issue here.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 pm

MovingShadow wrote:Ever since I got the upgrade from Android to 4.1.2 Waze wont even start up anymore.

As soon as I click on the app it closes down again.

I'm using the Sony Xperia T

I had the same issue in the previous beta.
Check the size of preference file.
For some reason it was 0bytes. The solution was to restore a backup version (or reinstall the beta).
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby ramik79 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am

Updated to the latest version since released, but the widget is not misaligned on my Galaxy S3: the Refresh and Drive button (right area) is a not centered anymore.

But I also noticed a bug in measuring the distance from a point, check the image:
waze_bug.jpg
bug
waze_bug.jpg (65.84 KiB) Viewed 446 times

I was driving from point 1, passing by 2, 3 and going to the north-west.
When I was at point 1, I got a notification of a danger at point A, saying it was at 400 meters.
by the time I reached point 2, distance from danger was 50 meters, when I continued to point 3, distance from danger increased again (300+ meters), then again decrease when I was on the same road.

So to give the distance you calculate absolute sight distance from the object and not the length of the road to it.

not a major issue, but an interesting one :)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - Android 4.1.2
ramik79

Postby rhoadesma » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm

After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?
rhoadesma

Postby rhoadesma » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm

perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:After upgrading to this version, Waze turns itself off when you haven't moved for a while and you have your screen turned off. I find this very annoying when doing errands and find after each stop I have to turn it back on. I turn off the screen so my battery will charge. I can still hear the prompts and navigation which is what I want.

Are there settings to disable or control the period of time before it exits the app?

Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).

It is very annoying to have to check if Waze is running because you don't know if it turned itself off or not just because you stopped to get gas, stopped to eat, ran into a store for a few minutes, etc.

Can you please add a setting to control the behavior?
rhoadesma

Postby rhoadesma » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

perlin wrote:
rhoadesma wrote:
perlin wrote:Waze closes itself when it's idle (turning off the screen is considered idle in this case).

It is very annoying to have to check if Waze is running because you don't know if it turned itself off or not just because you stopped to get gas, stopped to eat, ran into a store for a few minutes, etc.

Can you please add a setting to control the behavior?

10 minutes is not such a short time. If you stop for an errand for 10 min or more, shutting down waze saves you battery life. Is it such a hassle to open the app again?
When we set the app to not close at all, you guys complained that it's draining the battery and in cases that one forgets to close it, it's a good idea to close it for him if it detects no action.

I find myself having to check if Waze is still running when stopped at a long light with heavy traffic where you sit through the light cycling 2-3 times before you get through it. I have had it turn off on me.

Would I guess you have never had to wait for a train? That can easily take 10 minutes and have the app shutdown on you.

If you make it a setting then you make everybody happy! :D
When you force it without options, you will always make somebody unhappy.

So please make it configurable!
rhoadesma

Postby rhoadesma » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Dang It!!! Waze keeps shutting itself off on me! :evil:
Why isn't it a setting to control when Waze decides when to TERMINATE ITSELF?

I keep loosing mileage because of this NEW FEATURE!

Anybody else having this problem?
rhoadesma

Postby sbelekevich » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 pm

What happened to the Google search option? It's bad enough that waze crashes every time I try to search in this new version. Now my options are a 50% chance of Bing actually sending me to the right place. Foursquare, which is awesome, if the place you're looking for is actually in their database. Or YP, Yelp, etc. (I'm going by memory, since I can't get to the search results without crashing) giving me results for places that are hundreds of miles away from where I am.

Can we get a link to go back to 3.5.1.4 until this is cleaned up?
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources
sbelekevich

Postby segfaultex » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:53 pm

The new Share drive interface looks nice.
There still needs to be a way to pause/resume sharing a previous session. So many times, especially if you are on a longer trip, you stop for gas or to go in and eat and don't want waze to continue running. It is very annoying to have to resend location links and for the people you have shared with to have to reload a new website each time.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android 4.0.3 CM9 Nightly
segfaultex

Postby SocalToe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Last night I got 2 alternative routes that were

IDENTICAL

:?:
Ed
SocalToe

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App