Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby twist3r » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:27 am

Can someone with a fresh mind explain me why on earth in 3D mode, oneway streets do not display those arrows ? In 2D mode at a certain zoom level they are displayed, but on 3D they are not displayed no matter what zoom level you have. What's the reason behind this ? I think those arrows are very important to be displayed in 3D mode.

They are not displayed in the stable version neither in latest beta version.
Country Manager Romania
Waze 3.9 - Android 5.0.2 OnePlusOne
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/TMTrafic
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby davipt » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 am

twist3r wrote:Can someone with a fresh mind explain me why on earth in 3D mode, oneway streets do not display those arrows ? In 2D mode at a certain zoom level they are displayed, but on 3D they are not displayed no matter what zoom level you have. What's the reason behind this ? I think those arrows are very important to be displayed in 3D mode.

I agree. I never saw them on the client - always used 3D -, but noticed that on the iPad they are seen on 3D, so maybe it was a decision based on screen size or CPU/GPU power?
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby twist3r » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:28 am

I hope not, I'm pretty sure that some arrows wouldn't affect so hard the performance of an Android phone. And if they do, well, it's time to bring some serious Android developers to the team. But I still hope it's not the case.

Anyway, they can be seen in 2D mode so if they affect the performance so hard, it shouldn't be displayed in 2D either. One more reason to think that's not the reason.

Regarding the screen size, they are not available on 3.5 but not on 4.8 either. So .... 4.8 inch screen is big screen after my opinion :) And even on 3.5 the arrows in 2D mode are displayed just fine.
Country Manager Romania
Waze 3.9 - Android 5.0.2 OnePlusOne
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/TMTrafic
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Knocik1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:00 pm

I am using Waze daily in UK, however not doing long journeys (total around 25-30 miles). Recently (2-3 weeks ago), I've noticed that app is loosing GPS signal, however phone has that fixed. That was happening once or twice during 30-40 min drive for few minutes even. I tested other app for few days and noticed that it is not the case on other app - Navfree. Moreover, when I wanted to test Waze again, app is coming up with initialization failed - no network connection. The connection is there, and even tested at home with WiFi - no success. So I can't use app at all now (last 3 weeks). Anyone able to help?
I have Galaxy SII, Android 4.0.4.
Knocik1

Postby aigarslv » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Try to clear Waze Data Cache, Reinstall application.
Latvian translation coordinator. Localization, Beta editor, Points, Client and Android expert. Content Creator on https://www.facebook.com/Waze
aigarslv
Experts
Experts

Previous

Return to Waze App