These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Ford Sync AppLink

Post by brycewilliam
I don't know if anyone has brought this up before but would the ability to link Waze and Microsoft Sync be possible? I know Microsoft has an SDK for AppLink and I think it would be a killer feature to add in Waze!
brycewilliam

POSTER_ID:6567327

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
With the simple bluetooth connection, you can give voice commands to Waze. I've not thought about the applink thing. There's nothing else within the Waze app which natively accepts voice commands. With the right phone/OS version, you can use the OS-native functionality to dictate into any field within Waze. Again, all via bluetooth.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
brycewilliam wrote:My thought was ease of use/safety. Rather than fiddling with a phone while driving or having to pull over to start directions I could just tell Waze to take me somewhere with the push of a button...
I'm not sure how Sync can help you. Waze only accepts a limited list of voice commands, documented in the forum.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by brycewilliam
My thought was to hit the voice commands button on the steering wheel and simply ask to open Waze. Then something like navigate to work or whatnot. Maybe even report hazard or something of that nature as well...

Seems like an area to be examined :-)
brycewilliam
Send a message

Post by brycewilliam
My thought was ease of use/safety. Rather than fiddling with a phone while driving or having to pull over to start directions I could just tell Waze to take me somewhere with the push of a button...
brycewilliam
Send a message

Post by wierdbeard65
I'm curious. What information would you Sync?

I only ask because my Fors says it has the Bluetooth sync / hands-free telephone option, but I have nevber managed to get it to work....
wierdbeard65
Send a message